*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1569100-Back-At-One
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Other · #1569100
In this first chapter Jasmine under goes a breakup with her boyfriend Nick.
Chapter 1: Back At One          
          They sat in Jasmine's bedroom of her house bickering on about makeup and material things. Always a hassle as well as long established, they argued over what they believed was cute casual wear. No, they were not rich or poor but just average in society; fashion was in their hearts desire ever since they all first met. They all had a dream to become someone in the fashion world but knew it was a little to far fetched. This was highly ironic since they are all beautiful and talented in fashion.          

         After a  long argument they all realize that they no longer wanted to argue over what made casual wear in fashion and move onto cosmetics. They were all talked over all the cosmetic lines that did not and did consist of fetus as well as animal tested products. Most of the girls didn't prefer to use such things as animal tested and fetus made products, they did not wish to encourage use of it and spoke out clearly over the issues.
             
          Always on top of their game when it came to clothing and shoes, each and every one of them tried never to be off style.  Their rule for style was: unique to a person and rather casual at the same time. The five made it very clear to themselves that dressing casual is part of everyday life, and when you over dress, it is only for event purposes. Dressing formal for anything, to school, or anywhere was completely out of proportion.

         Nobody but the five of them knew why fashion was so important to their lives. Fashion was what made them stick out, what gave them peace when they woke up in the mourning, and what made their friendship so strong. Fashion was the one and only thing that made them look shallow at times, any other time you would just see regular down to earth girls dressed in casual wear.
     
         Being into fashion has always been their thing aside from graduating high school and looking forward  to college. All of them happen to be seniors this year,  and are all heading off to the same college later in the fall of next year. They all will be attending Brown University on scholarships that they had  been working their whole lives for. Of course, most people assumed  they would all agree to Brown University after long debates over other Ivy League schools. Brown University was best fitted for the five girls since they all got in.

             


         She looked  through her closet filled  with clothes that ran miles on,  pulled out clothing and a pair of shoes from her collection. The closet was very small but had stacks of cloths and shoes every where you could look. She was one of those young women who had all the shoes you could find; most of her friends borrowed from her.
   
             “What if I wear these, they seem to look cute?” Jasmine said.

             “ You can wear jeans and a baby-tee, that’s casual and easy to wear, it’s also comfortable.” Said Alexa.

             “Uh, how about not? Wear a skirt and that baby-tee, it is way too hot outside.” Amber replies in a skirt as well.

               “The skirt and baby-tee sounds good, I’ll wear that... and I don't need fashion tips.” Jasmine Responded.

               “Okay then, let’s go to the mall before the parking gets packed.” Said Amanda.
   
           “I don’t want to look plain and casual though.” Jasmine said.

         “Why? Who do you want to see?” Alexa asked.
   
         “I’m done, let’s go…” Jasmine almost a bit angered ignored the comment.

             Jasmine was obviously angered having currently gone through a hard time and doesn’t want to talk about her problems. The  problems came up with Nick a boy she had been dating. Nick, her man, (or ex-boyfriend) had dark brown eyes and hair, along with a perfect body that kept people staring at him. He is very athletic, playing all types of sports such as tennis and baseball; he received scholarships in each. She and Nick were dating for the past 3 years. Dating someone since freshmen year seemed easy enough, since the both of them claimed to be going steady, but that was hardly the case now.
           
         “Damn, your still in love with him aren’t you? Nick has got you all twisted around his finger.”Amber said. 

               “Yeah, but I’m okay with it… So, just let it go.”  Jasmine Said.

             “Let it go… what do you mean let it go? You still have feelings for him and didn’t tell any of us. Man, sometimes I just can’t believe you Jasmine.” Said Sarah sounding hurt.

             “Let her wear what she wants to wear, I mean if she wants to dress up let her. We’re just going to the mall to buy more clothing anyway, she can even pick her outfit there.” Alexa said.

             “Yeah but we’re talking about her dressing up smart one.” Said Amber.

             “Hey, if anyone heard me I said lets go already, it’s better than talking about Nick.” Jasmine yelled. 

             
         In the car they reached the conversation of talking about Jasmine’s ex-boyfriend Nick again. Jasmine quickly tells why her and Nick have broken up again in the last four months. She explains that it is because of a situation that Nick  had with a girl that is currently going to the same school as them. Jasmine doesn't understand why Nick was even hanging around this girl, or why she is even on rocks with him. All she understands is that there is a disgusting rumor going around about her boyfriend and a girl that is not her.

             Jasmine and Nick had gotten into a huge fight over whether or not Nick had done something with Jessica or not. By that she meant had Jessica and Nick had sex together. Believing him wasn’t as easy as it used to be, so Nick had been put in a tough spot to convince Jasmine that it was not true. In the end they were both left dumbstruck and broken hearted rather than in love.

         Knowing the couple it was a matter of time before the two of them got back into talking terms and conditions. The conditions would most likely be the same as normal and they would be a happy couple again. Everybody around town knows that this couple was built to last and that a silly rumor could not stop them from being together.

               “I don’t understand why the both of you keep fighting and breaking up over that girl, since she  has nothing to do with you and Nick; then again you know she does.” Alexa says with Amanda agreeing with her..

             “They’re not broken up they just got into a little argument, besides that, like he could or would stop talking to her.” Said Sarah with a smile for encouragement.

             “Thanks, Sarah.... For the smile I mean. So, what has been going on with you?” Jasmine asked.

             “Girl, you know already, if I had anything... and by anything I mean anything, I would have told already.” Sarah replied.
   

     


             “Hey baby, how are you doing? I’m sorry I haven’t called you yet, and I’m sorry for the yelling.” Nick said sounding regretful.

         “ Oh, sorry about before, I forgot you two got back together. You two really have been on and off lately.” Said Amanda

             “It’s okay I know you’ve been going through a lot lately. Having to go through James death and everything is a lot to deal with.” Jasmine said.

             “Well, with that settled, I'm guessing that it was him you hung up on? That your thinking your stupid for not talking to him?” Said Amber.

               “No, I know what I'm doing, he'll call back soon.” Jasmine responds while staring at Amanda, who just fixed her shirt.

               “Are you okay, or do we need to talk about this again?” Amber said also looking at Amanda.

             “I'm tired of talking about it.”  Amanda says with tear drops streaming down her face.

               “Oh, not this again, I can't handle the depression or seeing her this way either.” Alexa Said.

               “Just shut up, please. I know I need to stop thinking of James.” Amanda squeaks.
             
         James was Amanda’s boyfriend and a friend of theirs; he had died in a car crash while he was drunk. He had crashed into a light post and was pronounced dead on the spot; Amanda had been sulking over him for the past six plus months now. Boy trouble was so much easier back then compared to now for Jasmine and Amanda. Amanda just couldn't find the right time to stop grieving over James to even look for someone else. Nick hasn’t been the same since his best friend James has died; James was the one that kept him out of trouble. Without James, Nick felt and was lost to himself more than most of the other’s, maybe even more than Amanda herself.




         
         “Where did all of this happen?” Asked Jasmine.

             “In English class, Jessica was talking about you and him, and what is going to happen.” Alexa Said.

             “Man, with all this again I think I’m just going to break up with him for good this time around. We’re just not as good together as we used to be anymore.” Said Jasmine.

         “Yeah but there is going to be conflict with you and her at some point in time.” Sarah responds.

No, I’m going to buy these shoes and leave, I don’t need any problems. Plus, I don’t give a damn about Jessica right now; I’m just ready to live my life.”
             
         “Girl, what do you mean whatever? You don’t care anymore?”  Amber asked.

               “Yeah I do, but it’s just too much to deal with again.” Said Jasmine.
   

          Jasmine picked up her mound of shoes and headed to the counter top of the store. Taking her time she looked for her new credit card. Jasmine was now officially eighteen since last month, and  couldn't be struggling more with her new responsibilities, though she was usually very reliable. At the counter, the lady looked at her like people had been looking at her for a lifetime. The cashier struggled to take her credit card while staring but some how worked the counter top easily. She was most likely blown away by  Jasmine's beauty, beauty that everyone around her noticed. Her looks were like that of a super model, she had the perfect face, and body to go with it. Her friends, though they looked great themselves admired her looks also.
   
             



         “Hey Jay  what‘s up?” Nick Said.

             “Didn’t you just call me?  Nothing much has been happening Nick.” Jasmine said trying to calm down.
   
               “I need to talk to you about something Jasmine.”  Nick said sounding irritated.
   
               “Well, what is it?” Jasmine said waiting for the ball to drop.
         
          Man there’s just too much going on right now and I just can’t deal with him. I don’t really want to do this but I have too, there's no other way. I can't even put this in a nice and easy way!
     
             “It’s kinda hard for me to say and this time I’m really serious.” Nick said.
   
               “Um, I think we need to break up…For good.” Jasmine finished for him.
   
             “Yeah me too…” Nick answered
   
               “Yeah, okay then. Well, bye.” Jasmine whispered into the phone.

          How could I just throw away three years of my life as well as the closest person to me. I feel really stupid and what was up with the attitude I was giving off? This can’t be happening, he sounded serious too. What am I going to do now without him? I’m independent, but I still love him and need him. We share so many memories it's going to be hard to keep him off my mind for the rest of my life. I also know I can't be friends with him, it's just to hard. What if he gets a new girl? I can't deal with that.
 
           “You two just broke up didn’t you? Amber asked.

             “Yeah, but I'm going to be okay… Oh and I’m going to leave, I got somewhere I have to be.”

             “Okay I’m just going to leave after I enter the Forever 21 store with Alexa.” Amber replied.
© Copyright 2009 misslovelynune (misslovelynune at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1569100-Back-At-One