*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1579809-The-book
by Sumeet
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Fantasy · #1579809
Rajeev gets a magical book which promises to fullfill his wishes.
is my entry for flash fiction contest for Jul-10, I need to use "This has gone far enough" in story.

word count: 287


It's cold, its slippery but it feels a little different, wait! It's changing the shape, it's not the bicycle handle. Rajeev tear open the cloth upon his face and is horrified to see a snake. Cobra!
"Oh god, I hope it doesn't have head" Rajeev thinks and Boom!
This snake is having a tail on both sides and no head.
Rajeev is disgusted and leave the headless snake behind, his life was usually boring until the entry of "The Nobel Elder" whom he met on the top of mountain, he gave Rajeev a book which is full of practicle tasks, on passing the tasks one is entitled to get one wish fullfilled.
"This time I cannot make any mistake, I always waste my wish for something silly"  he thinks.
He opens the book and reads the next task: "There is a rope besides at the top of the Xyres mountain, rappel down!"
Hurray!
That's easy, Rajeev is expert mountaineer, so after 10 hours of hike, he is at the top of Xyres mountain, it's getting dark and cold but he cannot wait to  rappel down.

Rajeev is thinking of good life which he'll get because of this wish but there is a problem, a classic problem: he doesn't know what to ask, he just keeps on thinking what should be the wish.

Rope is giving him a big trouble as it is of poor quality and he finds himself unable to reach to the bottom even after half an hour, in exaperation he shouts.
"This has gone far enought , I don't want this rope"
Booom!
There is no rope and he falling down and he know that the task was just to rapple down and again his wish.....!
© Copyright 2009 Sumeet (sumeet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1579809-The-book