*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1585627-KOI-People
Rated: 18+ · Prose · Dark · #1585627
Life without God is a politically-correct mess of disappointment and hopelessness.
KOI People

Hanging around like restless and hungry koi fish waiting to be fed.
We bite on the mainstream nonsense,swallow it hook,line and sinker.
Instinctively taking in the empty calories that render us useless.

Why do we always look for something bigger than ourselves?
Someone else to make everything good, shiny,and perfect?
Why can't we be the hunter-gatherer-inventor-builders we once were?

What we are now sickens me to the core of what even I now am.
No longer human, we are captive bred in a stream of ignorance.
Taking orders on how to think and do things that are our rights.

Patriotic, free-thinkers are evil, be good little fish and stay in school.
13+ years of useless learning with nothing of importance being taught there.
Indoctrination disguised as education, we lost dignity and common sense.

We hide in the safe deep waters of familiarity, coming to the surface
only out of curiousity with the hope of grabbing a free poisoned meal
If we don't like what we see or it scares us, we dive to the bottom.

Threatened by current waves,we look for a quick fix we don't play a part in.
Integrity takes effort and may offend someone's warped view of humanity.
Not asleep or awake, just supended mid-water,hypnotized by fisherman above.

Die protecting the "have their fishcake and eat it too" demi-gods? No way.
Let them get in the shark tank, the last one swimming wins.
If we're really lucky, the pieces left will be enough to feed us all.

It doesn't matter how big the fish or how big the pond, we're doomed
Because we all swim in the same cursed pond even if we think we don't.
When we try to jump out, we suffocate and dry up and no comes to help.

Worried about the future? Relax....Have some more fish flakes and go for a swim.


by: Kimarie Manhart-Freeman
© Copyright 2009 InkWellspring66 (songofsolomon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1585627-KOI-People