*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1588017-The-Climb
by Karina
Rated: 13+ · Monologue · Dark · #1588017
A recovering acoholic and drug addict.
I claw myself up the walls towards the surface. Light shines down on me. Fire lickes at my feet below. Each placement of my hands and feet is like a life choice. Make the wrong move and you could fall into the firey pit. Thin strings give me support. The closer I get to the light the strong the supports get. Every slip makes them weaker though. I watch my decisions shape my life. I may end up a believer or a nonbeliever. People show my a path leading to the light. Do I trust them and take that path or do I try to find my own way up? Some people from school show me a dark dense path, others show me a light shining on.



The bright one hurts my eyes. I decide to go with the dark one. Once on the path I get mixed in with drugs, booze, fights, my supporting threads begin to fade away. I have to find a way off this path so I don't fall to my death. I struggle to reach the side of the path. People on the light path reach across towards me. I reach to them but people on the dark path shove me back. I fight and struggle to get to the right path.



After a tremendous effort I reach the edge. The people on the right path pull me close and help me up. My support threads turn to strings, then wires, next cables. I find that my journey is easier. I have no trouble reaching the bright shining light. I take that last step and leave my helpers behind to help others. Mabey later I'll join them to help people like I used to be.
© Copyright 2009 Karina (karinadoll at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1588017-The-Climb