*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1606789-Perfection
Rated: 13+ · Article · Educational · #1606789
My first article :P
We all strive for perfection. Whether it be the perfect job, the perfect grades, the perfect man, we all want to get there. But where is there? In a word full of choices what is perfection, when a better option always appears just around the corner – just out of reach so we have to work that little bit harder to get there. And what does happen when we get there? We see somebody with a better house, better clothes and we presume a better life. But does anyone really know anybody who is “perfect”, completely – even if they have mastered the art of conversation and have reached the top of their career, I bet even these people feel they need to achieve something more. I once knew a girl who cried because she got an A at GCSE instead of full A-stars, and later got this retracted and given the A-star she deserved. Some may say this is perfection, but was she happy? Of course not, because even once she had mastered all secondary school could throw at her she still lacked anything of luck in love – and so was never really happy. In fact, this girl was more unhappy than most. Begging the question – Is striving for perfection just a synonym for unhappiness? Maybe instead we should leave behind our desperate struggle to climb the career ladder, bag Brad Pitt and become a socialite elite overnight and just merely enjoy what life throws at us – smiling all the way and showing others that, maybe, deep down inside, that’s the true route to perfection.
© Copyright 2009 Katie Sykerd (vixensykerd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1606789-Perfection