*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1607859-This-Night-has-Opened-my-Eyes
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Draft · Sci-fi · #1607859
This is a story about a drug experience i had.I plan to expand it 2 become a short story.
This Night Has Opened My Eyes

My attitude toward education changed dramatically as I moved to Monroe Lousiana from Texas. I felt apathetic to the idea of leaving long time friends in the middle of my adolescence. I started to work for my step-father’s company within days of arrival. The goal is to save enough money for any kind of automobile. As my days became systematic, life felt monotonous. I thought about the idea of experiencing different aspects of socializing, but my conservative nature hindered me from exposing myself. I went to parties occasionally, and became quite interested in the cannabis culture. My curiosity for other substances grew as my boredom increased. My curiosity paid off on a typical summer evening.

John and I entered our co-worker’s summer party with the intention to have a few drinks, play ping pong, and mingle with new personalities. Our night played out similarly to most other random gatherings. Before I left the party our host modestly offered LSD for me to purchase. This jester seemed odd to me at first, because Thomas is a well respected employee. Curiosity quickly became a constant thought in my mind. I hesitated to answer Thomas. My hand extended with Jefferson printed green paper, and two sheets of LSD came into my possession moments later. I had a quick debate in my head as to why and how I should consume these little pieces. All I could think of was the endless hours I spent working my summer away. I was drawn to the variety of the potential experience.





I saved the sheets of LSD for when I arrived to the place I was spending the night. I did not want to risk a possible accident while driving my car. My friends and I arrived to my house to converse during the remainder of the night. My friends did not know I consumed a schedule one drug minutes after arriving at my house. I sat with my friends for an hour or so, and I did not feel the slightest changes. Disappointment came over me as my friends left to their own houses, and I still didn’t have any sense of an altered consciousness. I felt like Thomas had just made some easy money from me without being completely honest about his product. I could not help but feel angry as I laid my head on my pillow to sleep.

I laid there with my eyes shut for some good time. I slowly stopped thinking about the scam Thomas had pulled on me. Waves of euphoria pulsed lightly through my senses, and after a few minutes of blissful euphoria something graced my arm. I jerked my upper body up to see what was interrupting my attempt to sleep. A slender blue bipedal figure was investigating my room. “Can I help you?”I said. “Do you mind if I ask you a few questions?” The blue figure’s voice was calming, and had a natural harmony to it. “No.” I whispered. The alien stood silent for a moment. “Do you choose to not live up to your capabilities?” The alien muttered. “What do you mean?” I retorted.“Your species has an incredible aspect of a large brain mass ratio; your specie’s brain capabilities rival our own,” said the alien. “Wow, I’m not aware of those kinds of things,” I replied. It whispered, “You don’t even know what you are capable of.”

This situation contradicted my ideology of creationism. The comfort I was accustomed to collapsed. The alien sensed my discomfort. “The society your species made prevents effective, efficient, scientific progress; it took humans one hundred thousand years to finally understand the theory of evolution,” said the alien. “I think Darwin was a brilliant biologist,” I retorted. The alien began to whisper, “It pains me to see such a beautiful and intelligent species like yours waste its capabilities.” The alien modestly graced my leg, and the intense euphoric sensation pulsed from my spin again. The familiar feeling gave me comfort incomparable to any other.

My morning seemed unusually refreshing. I noticed I had a tremendous amount of self- awareness. I couldn’t help the new way of thinking. To make a long story short, my thoughts changed from being apathetic to a more positive purpose driven attitude. I started to pursue a research career in science through a university research grant. I started to tutor other students. I suddenly valued the progress of education . I often think that if I’m not enjoying my life, then I’m wasting it. It really is hard to explain how the change in my attitude has affected my life. I have not done LSD since, and I don’t plan on doing it again. I genuinely do not regret trying it. I wake up every day just as curious as the previous one.





© Copyright 2009 Gene Thomson (genet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1607859-This-Night-has-Opened-my-Eyes