*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1652672-The-Flaming-Dentures
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #1652672
Granny used her mouth to harm others often, then it went went up in flames.
My father grew up poor, dirt poor. His mother Ruby came from a wealthy family and she had " married down" out of spite.She left her children and husband alone, going house to house, tale-bearing, being idle. She was warned by the preacher to stop her malicious gossiping, but she continued. One day, Ruby had a hankering for bananas. My Paw-Paw bought a paper bag full of ripe, golden bananas, all for her. She didn't give my poor daddy or his sisters one bite of those bananas. Paw-Paw didn't get one either. She took out her brand new dentures so she wouldn't get them dirty. Her kids were hungry as usual but she was oblivious to their needs as she smacked her gums on those sweet bananas.She ate the whole bunch by herself. When they arrived home after the walk, Paw-Paw threw the paper bag with the banana peels into the wood stove. Then a horrible smell permeated the cabin, for Granny had put her dentures in the paper bag while she was eating.Her dentures were sizzling away in the wood stove like fat back on a BBQ pit. She had to go without teeth for sometime. Ruby was unable to do much gossiping in church since she was too vain to let folks see her without teeth. Served her right and it was one of the few times Paw-Paw had a good chuckle. It was also a time of peace of quiet for him, since she only opened her mouth to put food in it until she got new dentures. There was peace at church too, since Granny Ruby was no longer able to gossip for quite a while.

author's notes:
God will do whatever necessary to shut the mouth of the offender,
even if he needs to take drastic action.

Proverbs 16:27-
"An ungodly man digs up evil, and it is on his lips like a burning fire

I Timothy 5:13-
And besides they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house,
and not only idle but also gossips and busybodies,
saying things which they ought not"


© Copyright 2010 InkWellspring66 (songofsolomon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1652672-The-Flaming-Dentures