*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1671462-chemical-dreams
by Lexy
Rated: · Other · Other · #1671462
2/3/2009 prose
You woke me breathing on my neck when you couldn't sleep. My dreams of art projects, ripping paper and pastel covered fingers, mixed with your whispered words as you held me. This perfect moment rushed through her thoughts in the dark morning after. She left a note on your dresser and kissed her own dreams goodbye before the reality of her love could take them away. Later a realization of drug induce chemical interactions in her brain would leave her with scarred memories. The pain and punishment of others judgment is difficult to cut through, let alone your own emotional attachment and terror of abandonment. Quietly in your head you ask yourself if your actions warrant the arrest of affection, empathy from another. When will worth be something other than a measure of socially acceptable standards and morality impressed upon us by others?
© Copyright 2010 Lexy (malicerazors at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1671462-chemical-dreams