*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1678807-Desert-Sands
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1678807
Prologue, Chapter 1 and 2 of Desert Sands
Prologue



    Wondering around the desert was never fun for anyone but me. My name is Julian Christoferson. I am a former professor at Inter-Galactic University based on a desert planet far from anything  really living but the odd Cacti and the lizards that roam in a  fashion like that of a short dog with a walking problem. I lead the Physical department. Anything that was real and could be real I taught about. It is truly amazing what there is that many don't know.

    I taught everything from anatomy of the intergalactic races to the very structure of a molecule of cake. I hated my job dearly. The only reason I was there was because I discovered light-speed travel or close enough. I was thought of as the father of travel because of this minor acheivement. What was I thinking...



Chapter 1: The Start of my life



    I started my life on a planet similar to Earth but far different. I had no idea what to expect from it at all. The air was rich, appearantly a lot richer than that of Earths since they killed all the trees. Masks were not necesary here as some movies playing on Earth suspected it would be. Far different and no humanoid races. Baren.

  I lived there many year tinkering with things that often caused mass pandimonium all over the planet that I called home. There were things that went good and things not so good. I was often the laughing stock of the towns and cities we moved to because it was hard for my parents to hold a job with me about destroying each one we moved to.

  High school was a drag. I was never able to get any girl to like me. I may have been the best looking one there, but no one wanted to mess with a chance of disaster. I keep close to myself, said little and stopped tinkering. I cut my outragously long hair and moved on. I married a women of monumental beauty. She later died of a terrible disease caused by the over pure air on lungs not all to adapted to it. I faired well and I went far. Didn't remarry at all because I still loved my deceased wife so much.

  I tried dating, and social networking, all ending with me having to mop up my own tears because I couldn't stand the guilt I felt when with other women. Things in life could not be fixed so easily. I carefully went back to tinkering, but was rather cautious of what I made. I tried many attempts at food generators and meals you could hydrolize from small pellets. Each work to an extent with the a not so happy ending every now and then. I was tired of my life and I figured it was tired of me. I tried many attempts to get into deadly situations with the "Brave" Law enforcement thinking i had taken a wrong turn some where. Nothing seemed right in my life. nothing I did worked without some problem.



Chapter 2: The trouble appear to end



  Late one night at my stately mansion I heard a rather strang noise coming from my celler doors. I had never ventured down there even when buying the house. I got up out of bed and slipped into my lavish burgondy slippers and made my way to the celler doors. I opened the lock and the doors and found a rather young person who appeared to have come from a different time, perhaps in the future based on the way he was dressing. With a faint hello he made no hesitation to make his way upstairs and make himself comfortable in the living rooms corner library. I had little time to ask him who he was and what he wanted because I was immediately cut off by his thin and somewhat raspy voice.

  He spoke softly but rather fast.I found myself trying to go over what he had said and trying to piece it together in my mind as I was able to catch what he was muttering.I pieced together the words space travel and light speed. The only idea that I could gather from these very words was this guy said I would invent light speed space travel. But before I could get a word to him he was gone. I never saw him again from that day, but I began thinking, tinkering, and experimenting, until one day i figured it out. Light speed travel or close enough. It made no sense to me or anyone that I showed it to. I could get everything done in a matter of seconds. Travel to the once beautiful planet of Earth which now lay as an industrial hoard of slow moving machines and pollution so bad masks were required by everyone because the air there was so toxic.
© Copyright 2010 UBRz Publishing (ubrz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1678807-Desert-Sands