*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1682108-Angels-and-demons
Rated: · Short Story · Fantasy · #1682108
This is a short story i wrote for English class. i hope you like it !
He could barely hear is father shouting his name over the sound of his blood pounding in his ears. Nothing could change his mind now. He had no choice .he would rather give up his awaiting throne than live without her.

Now, as he ran through the forest all he could see were her shimmering hazel eyes .he could almost feel the soft material of her dress the that she worn the last time she was in his arms. screams broke his daydreaming he knew immediately it was her screaming .her velvet voice was being blasted across the land .he ran through the dark woods following her screams. His heart was pounding because he knew hers wouldn't be in a few short minutes…

He came to a clearing lit by the ebbing light of the moon. her screams had stopped.

Now he was looking for her body…

He knew it. it was like a part of him died right there in that horrible moment In time. he checked the clearing numbly and shot off again. he didn't go back to the castle. He ran forward on instinct .the monster that did this was near. He could feel it in his bones. He never liked revenge but now it consumed ,downed his old self in it .

He came to a stone arch by a lake .he moon was almost painfully close and clear here .it was hard to look away from its ancient alien beauty. He searched the immediate area then walked down the stone steps that were hugged by weeds and vines to the lake. He saw her .she lay broken and battered facing away from him on the lake shore.

A single solitary tear made a silvery track on his face as he saw her on the floor. How could he do this to her ?no evil being could do this but yet…why?.

A booming laugh echoed round in the air suddenly. he turned and had to stop his jaw dropping.

"Damon ?" he gasped at the sight of is arrogant, anger-filled brother.

"yes Michael …I did it " he smirked

"but …why?" Michael gasped

Damon shrugged "I don't know why …you shouldn't have shown interest in her "

"why?!"

"she was a maid ,a LOWER class citizen .and you were the king to be. Dad would never have allowed it ""Damon said tugging on his expensive shirts cuffs as if they were talking about the weather.

"I wouldn't have become king if she wasn't beside me !"Michael fumed

"oh well then …I guess ill just have to take your place "Damon grinned

Then it clicked in Michaels mind .this was Damon's plan . To make Michael refuse to be king and then step in to take his place .damon would ruin the kingdom. He liked brute force rather than talking it out.

"father would never let you be king…he would rather die!"

Damon lifted a finger" as we speak " he said as a distant bang sounded and screaming began.

"what made you like this ?" Michael asked quietly

"there's a thing called favouritism brother "he said angry now " whenever you asked dad for something you got it …what did I get ? Look you don't even know !..a tongue lashing that's what and a smack!"

"I will never allow this brother !its immoral!" Michael threatened

Damon ignored him and stepped closer .his expensive shoes clicking off the ground. His eyes ,that were filled with anger. Hate and murder ,flickered above Michaels head and widened .his mouth popped open too.

"no" he muttered

Michael turned when blue and white lights began to dance across Damon's face and the forest behind him.

He gasped when he saw the glowing lady on the lake. Her hair and clothes billowed with a golden wind from heaven .she floated across to where the broken girl lay .her ghostly white hand touched her almost matching cheek. Michael saw the ghosts lips quiver slightly as she talked to the dead girl .the ghost straightened and started towards Damon .

"go to her " she whispered to Michael as she passed him. He bolted for her side. He half-sat in the frigid waters of the lake as he tried to clutch her hands while the ghost closed in on the terrified looking Damon. He looked hypnotised as she glared at him.

"you " he murmured

"yes, you have created to much hurt here .before I died I cast a spell. When you die all the things you have done will be reversed. I knew I could come back for a short moment in time at the height of your destruction. I have more power than you think Damon " she spread her arms.

Now that Michael saw her face he knew who she was .she was the village witch. she was young but not to be trifled with and who had gone missing months ago.

"no…no! I killed you months ago. You cant come back "Damon said backing away "

"but Damon I thought you loved me "she said with a hint of sarcasim"now you can come live with me and we can live together like you said " she turned deadly and serious "remember ?"

"GO TO HELL!!" Damon shrieked

"oh…believe me …I did " she said and she was suddenly surrounded in flames .they licked all around her. She was no longer a white angel but a red fiery demon. Damon stood in a trance like state as she floated towards him .she took his face in her hands and he began to scream and shriek

"shh" she soothed and kissed him

He became quite and limp. It looked like she was holding him up by his head and jaw. Suddenly Damon's body erupted in flames and in a few fiery seconds he was gone and so was the fire demon .only the angel remained

"she is alive and sleeping …so is your father " she said

"thank you " he whispered

"no need …I was looking out for my beloved kingdom "

She swept out into the middle of the lake where the full moon had created a circle of light .she stood in the middle of it .

"goodbye…king Michael " she said and bowed .water flew around her as she bowed .when she straightened the water had almost obscured her from view. It dropped suddenly and a dove flew from the spot she was standing in toward the moon. It disappeared from sight into the moon

He looked down at his love, a sleeping beauty none the less. He was grateful. Grateful to have her again in his arms .grateful that the angel had saved his life and his fathers. She stirred in his arms and all his attention was on her. He knew then as her eyes opened everything would be alright .

© Copyright 2010 D.r MeGan (meggers at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1682108-Angels-and-demons