*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1697916-Choices
by Crom
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Other · #1697916
The views we have and how they affect us with what ever choices we make.
CHOICES :






They say time takes a toll on the memory, the body, and sometimes the spirit. I don't know, maybe as time keeps marching onward to a distant yet uncertain future, we will one day come to a certain balance in the proper order of things that are of the good, or, perhaps we will most definitely announce our presence at the door step of demise.


Things in this life are not always as they appear, definitely not like looking out at the world on an open plain, seeing the horizon in a raw beauty that only nature could provide. No, I'm talking about the views of the minds eye. This view like looking through a shard of a broken beer bottle, distorted, a dim contorted view of reality that afflicts many; and is no respecter of even the wise.


Each ticking of the clock that brings us to the core of our resentment and self pride that births the seed of prejudice, which cause us to fear the things of which we don't understand, and shun the people who are uneducated, or of another race. It is in this that we build with the mortar and clay, the potters handiwork sculpted upon our hearts, tracing the road mapped upon the tombs of our own ill fated desires.


But alas! For certain we can as individuals choose to make the right choices. We can put away our hate and try to first be content with just ourselves. It is in the reflection of self that we see the most dirt! This empire we build to the blueprint of our ego. It is upon the mirror of our image as we approach, closer, growing larger still in the reflection of our choices- burned into the books of fate. We can choose, and that is what makes us different and unique.


It is not time that makes us who we are that splinters the fabric of our worth...It is the choices that we make that hands the reigns to life or death...It is this view I describe that turns us ugly and destructive. You have a choice! You are the one who will have to answer for whatever decision you make. Think hard to avoid consequences most undesired. Look for the good in people, and push away the negative. If all you see is the bad in someone, you will never see the good...your spirit is broken and the still voice of conscience drifts farther away into the mist of stubbornness.










© Copyright 2010 Crom (thedude666 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1697916-Choices