*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1703228-Just-For-Him
Rated: E · Short Story · Drama · #1703228
An indescribable feeling makes way to a flow of realization.
This was not a feeling she had felt before. She closed her eyes, but her heart still soared, like a bird, finally free from its cage. Many thoughts fluttered through her mind, all of them mixing together to create this blissful confused emotion. A feeling of friendship, contentedness and pure happiness burst in her heart, making her glow from the inside out. She didn’t know whether to laugh or cry, she felt she could do both at the same time. Her eyes welled up and she began to cry.
What was this feeling? She was not sad, why must she cry? Her beating heart told her, this was love.
Not love of an individual, this feeling was what it was like to love others, to be a part of the beauty that is this life. The unspoken magic of love becomes known to everyone at some point in their lives, this time was hers.
The magic flowed through her. She felt she could do anything.
Night had fallen many hours ago and the dawn of the new day was approaching, but she could not sleep, for to sleep meant she would not know this feeling again, she knew this. She bathed in the feeling for a long time. To think that those few words could create such an impact on her, she’d never heard them directed at her before.
“You make me proud.”
Nothing would never again amount to this feeling, when this realization came down upon her, the magic was broken. Her heart began to dull and her mind slowed down. What had life become when true happiness only lasts for a fleeting moment before being overrun with life’s troubles?
The tears of joy she had shed slowly melted into despair as she cried from the empty feeling left behind after such bliss. All she had ever wanted was to know this feeling and now it had passed.
She could never describe this feeling again; try as she may to record the pureness of it. She knew she would never tell him of this feeling he had created, lest she want to break him and herself along with him.
She knew his secret, but, she must keep it to herself, her naivety was the only thing keeping him safe. To tell of what she knew would be the crushing blow to his heart that she could not bear; she would come tumbling right down with him.
Love is a cruel hearted thing, to love, is to forget about what is right and to be blind to what is wrong. The tears came hard and fast, like a waterfall after a heavy storm. Her heart burnt and she curled into a ball of pain.
When she next talked to him, she did not mention it, she merely acted as normal, hiding the dark truth of love behind shadowed eyes.
She would stay naïve forever.
Just for him.
© Copyright 2010 Chakeyy (slyfish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1703228-Just-For-Him