*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1718560-Reunion
Rated: E · Short Story · Experience · #1718560
This is just something I wrote in my creative writing class. It's based on a true event.
The last time time I saw Bethia was during the Christmas holidays. We hadn't spoken since August 22nd, the day after a friends 18th party. I has stayed the night, we had a laugh, had a good time together, and then it all just stopped. I don't even know why, I had done nothing to her. Suddenly she just stopped talking to me. She had forgotten me until one day I received an e-mail on facebook. 'Hey hunny, it's been so long. I know your home for the holidays, so do you fancy meeting up? x' I'm still not sure why I agreed to it... But at 10am the next day we met each other in the local Starbucks. We used to go there all the time... We got our drinks, a coffee for her, hot chocolate for me, and went upstairs. We hadn't really said much up to this point... I didn't really know what to say.
She looked no different to when I had seen her previously. Still chubby, cheery and bright eyed... Hair down, same colour. She hadn't changed at all.
"You look well." She said, with her same old smile.
"Thanks, you too."Didn't have anything better to say.
"How's university?" She asked, taking a sip of her drink.
"It's good, I really like it." I like it there because that's where my friends are. I didn't say it out loud. "What about you?" Not that I really cared. Just being polite.
"Oh it's great! I love it! So much has happened, I've met so many awesome people!" She was still talking, I had just tuned her out, only listening to bits of what she was saying ."My course is amazing... I'm not sure if I like her... My room mates did this... I've missed you so much!" I had to refrain from snorting in laughter. The idea of her actually missing me was just too funny. Our friendship had died months ago. "Oh and I've been talking to Mel quite a lot." I looked up from my now half empty mug, suddenly feeling irritation rise. Mel, the girl who pretty much replaced me, took my place as Bethia's best friend. I've never liked her, ever since year 7. She's loud, arrogant, and doesn't know how, or when to shut up. Everything is about her!
"Of course you have. I'm sure you've missed her like hell." She looked at me, clearly not paying attention to my sarcasm. Nothing new there.
I looked at the time, ten minutes to noon. She was talking, saying something about Mel, I wasn't really listening. I just interrupted without a care.
"I have to go. I'm meeting my friends." With that I picked up my bag and walked downstairs, outside into the brisk winter air. I haven't seen, or spoken to her since.
© Copyright 2010 DarkAngel (darkangel08 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1718560-Reunion