*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1719244-war-doesnt-solve-everything
by awicks
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1719244
john thinks war is good untill he goes there.




“Hi, my name is John McManus I am in us army I’m a sniper ranger.” Said John. I have been in the army for two now. My life has really changed in those two years. I signed up for the Army when I was seventeen. A recruiter came to my high school. We talked for a while then we set a date for him to come to my house. I went home that night and told my parents I wanted to go to the army. They were not happy with me. But I told them I wanted to fight for my country and for my family. They were still pretty mad but they said if it’s something I really want to do then I can. So my recruiter came to my house he had a lot of paper work me and my parents had to fill out, I had to take a test on his laptop I got 140 out of 150 questions correct. He said I was one of the best who took the test. So I was so excited to go to boot camp I was going in one week. My parents were really sad because I’m an only child and I’m the only one they got.
So I get to my base I meant my first friend his name was Justine he was really cool. Me and him did all the drills together and ran together we started getting real close. It made me not thinking of home as much because I got a good friend. Boot camp was still hard there was a lot of running.
Now it is time to be departed. My best friend Justin is my spotter. We are very excited and nervous to get shipped over to Afghanistan. I’m being parted over in two days. I haven’t slept in a week when I found out. I and my spotter got woken up at five in the morning. It’s time to go serve for my country and my family. We got all geared up and ready. We get on the helicopter it took us twenty-two hours to get there. We got dropped off on a hill side below us is a rood. Very sunny out and no wind at all so it will be an easy shot. Our mission to shoot the enemy vehicle. So our team can move in. we shot the vehicle. This is when I got real nervous because I heard a lot of shooting. Then we see our team come by with a lot of company behind them so we started to shoot them all. It was scary because any second we could have got shot. We called it in and our own government shut off the radio and left us there. This is when I knew we were by ourselves. Then a Terries helicopter come looking for us so I and my spotter stand up and start shooting it. It flew back around and took my spotter down. I didn’t know what was going on all I could think of is my best friend is dead I was so upset. Then I seen the helicopter again so I shot the gas tank and it exploded. Thank god I got out of there safely.
Two years later I’m living up in the mountains of pa with my dog. I haven’t heard from the army since they left me in Afghanistan. I was shooting in my yard and the government shows up. They want me to reinforce to be a sniper again. So I said ill think about it. Week later I reinforced into the army again. It changed a lot since I been there. There’s a lot more running and a lot more technology. Week goes by I’m doing very well. Then the general gets murdered. All the people said they seen me shoot him and that I did. They shot me in my shoulder so I took off running and I got away. I took some guys truck to get away. They have the whole army after me I don’t know what to do. So I went to my spotter’s wife’s house her name is Ashley. She was scared to help me but I convinced her that I did not kill the general. She was a nurse so she stitched my wound up. She let me stay at her house a couple days. She told me we she would try to talk to one of my friends in the government. She did and she got him to believe the I didn’t do kill him. So he started to try to convince people it wasn’t me. But the people, who set me up, tried killing him. So he called me and he came to Ashley’s house. He wanted to stay with me for a while, so we started to train because we knew we had a lot of people after us. So I taught him everything I no. so we found out who set me up it was a couple guys from the government. So we went to their secret house and took out the guards it felt like I was in Afghanistan again I got real scared and I would not let my friend die again. So I made him stay back and watch my back. I went in to talk to one of the guys who were in charge of the plan to set us up. So I got in to talk to him and he told me a lot of info about what they all did to put a pipe line in and I recorded it all but it didn’t tell us why they set us up, after he told us he shot himself. Then I hear my walk talky going off telling me to get out of there so I threw smoke bombs inside then I took off to go back with my partner. A lot of soldiers surrounded us we took a lot of them out then escaped. So we go to Ashley’s house, we tell her what happen then we get a call from the army officer wanting to know where we were and to turn ourselves in, so we just hung up. I and my friend named Craig went out to eat when we came back Ashley was gone. We get a call from the officer that he has Ashley and he wants to meet for the tape for Ashley. So we say ok. We go meet him and the whole army is there so we left. We didn’t know where to go so we went to Craig’s to think how to get her back. So I called the officer and told him to only bring he’s group of guys and he said ok. So we went to go meet they and they tried setting us up they had snipers up in the hills but me and Craig already took them out. So we told him to let us see Ashley and he got her out the helicopter and there was bruises all on her I was mad so I started to hit the officer. So what does u know the FBI shows up we all go straight to court. I won in court because they had my gun in there that they said I used to kill the general but I take all my firing pins out so I proved innocent. So we all left the court room. We went back to Ashley’s house. Craig went to his house. So I and Ashley started to like each other but before I do anything I’m going to kill the guys who set me up. So I went to the officer’s house and they were all there, so I took them out one by one. Then I planted 1lb of c4 so there was no evidence. Ha-ha trust me after that there was nothing left.
Three years later I and Ashley get married in California. Life is nice now; I don’t have worry about anything except Ashley. I work at a gun smithing shop. Ashley is still working at the hospital being a nurse. She is pregnant are baby boy is due in one week. We are very excited to have a kid with each other, his names going to be Keith McManus. We were about go to sleep and her water broke so I took her to the hospital. She had Keith in three hours, and she was in recovery for a couple days. So Keith and I were home by ourselves we had a lot of bonding time. Having a kid changed a lot and made me realize why I’m on this earth. Ashley finally got home she was so excited to see Keith we spent a lot of time with him until we had to go on our honey moon. We had my dad watch Keith for a week well we went on our honey moon. We got on our plane to go to Hawaii we got there in 4 hours. We get in our hotel and we get a call from dad that Keith had fallen and he’s in the hospital. So we rush on the next flight to get back home. We get there and he had broken his arm but he is fine. A couple weeks go by and we are doing very well we are a big happy family. Keith is one year old now and can talk.

© Copyright 2010 awicks (awicks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1719244-war-doesnt-solve-everything