*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1719593-Potential-Problem-on-the-Freeway
by Bonnie
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1719593
A funny thing happened on the way ........
"Great! gridlocked freeway again"



Ana decided to listen to music.Searching in the glove compartment she found Madame Butterfly.



I do need to get home this millennium.



She signed, she needed to be home, she had a million things to do. It was their turn to host the meet and greet for new neighbors; neither she nor Dan had meet them yet. The neighborhood buzzed about them. The husband, a C list minor celebrity, a soap actor and model. She remembered Laurin's excitement as she passed on the gossip. Her nearest neighbor had seen the whole moving truck fill up the house, and said the furniture oozed class. She got images of Laurin fawning all over them the entire evening, probably ask for an autograph too. It would make for an interesting evening, see how the guys handles attention!



Strains of Madame Butterfly filled the air.





Traffic moved slowly, the left lane had brought up a rather sleek black sports Lexus.

The passenger, a high maintenance blond, the driver, quite handsome, he looked over, giving her a long look and a slow smile. The blond following his line of sight, looked but did not smile.

Slowly, the traffic inched forward. Tapping her fingers on the wheel, her impatience growing.

Snatching a look at the Lexus, things were moving there.

Kisses, embraces, like high school kids. He caught her looking, she dived into the glove compartment again.

She called home; Dan had it all under control. Yeah, bless him.



Sneaking another quick glance, still having fun, they didn‘t seem to mind, they did not have guests arriving.

Finally, movement. She managed to pick up some speed, leaving the Lexus behind.

Ana arrived home with twenty minutes to spare. Time for a quick shower and change, soon the lounge was filled.

The guests of honor were unfashionably late.

Finally, the doorbell rang.

Dan went ahead to answer the door, walking through to the hall, she saw a pretty brunette.

Dan was blocking her view of the husband.

`Meet Ted and Samantha, as he stepped aside. She blinked.

It was the Lexus driver and his wife.

Smiling to the wife, she said `I imagined you blond. Welcome to you both.

Ted smiled `Sorry we’re late, the freeway just turned into a nightmare!.’

© Copyright 2010 Bonnie (bonniemarie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1719593-Potential-Problem-on-the-Freeway