*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1721997-Excersise-and-Diet
Rated: · Other · Other · #1721997
Excersise and diet.
THIS IS JUST A COMPLIATION OF NON-MINE WORDS!





Exercise and Diet EXCERPT

EXCERTED By: Angel Hernandez



         Athletes that are serious in the sports that they do need to take proper nutrition into consideration. The maintenance of proper nutrition before, after and during exercise can help to improve athletic performance. Proper nutrition is in the foods that they eat and the fluids that they drink. Not only does good nutrition maintain maximal performance but it also helps to aid in the proper growth and structure of bones and muscle tissue. Proper body fat, hydration and intake of the proper amount of carbohydrates should be in an athlete's diet.

         The diet of the old athletes had been, like that of most Greek country folk, mainly vegetarian, consisting of figs, fresh cheese from the baskets, porridge, and meal cakes with only occasional meat as a relish, and wine. The frequently repeated statement that the athlete's diet was regulated by the law of the Games, and that he was not allowed to drink wine is entirely groundless. But shortly after the Persian Wars a change took place. A meat diet was introduced by some of the trainers.

         Nutrition in foods and beverages are still important for athletes and exercisers today. A few years ago body builders were the only people to take nutrition seriously. Good nutrition helps to aid in the repair of these tissues. Foods that contain energy, protein and micronutrients are the source of tissue healing.

         Before exercise: Athletes need to make sure that they are well hydrated before activity. The NATA recommends that in addition to drinking excess amounts of fluids one day before exercise athletes should consume 400 to 600 milliliters of fluid 2 to 3 hours before exercise.  During exercise: Athletes should attempt to consume enough fluids to stay hydrated, because even the slightest amount of dehydration can cause a decrease in performance. Fluids should be drunk at 15 to 20 minute intervals during the exercise to maintain proper fluid balance. After exercise: Most athletes don't drink enough fluids during exercise to maintain fluid balance in the body. Most finish their exercise and are somewhat dehydrated. Drinking up to 150% of the weight lost during an exercise may be necessary to cover water losses.

© Copyright 2010 Angel Hdz (ahernandezii at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1721997-Excersise-and-Diet