*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1724707-The-first-time
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Relationship · #1724707
Remembering the first time he told me that he loved me!
I remember the first time he told me he loved me.
With his most magnificent smile, he said "Are you read to hear those magical words?"
Being completely unaware that l could have that effect on someone like him, I so inquisitively asked what they may be.
Fully expecting him to spout out "Abracadabra" as he pulled a strand of handkerchiefs from his pocket, he leaned in my window and said, "I love you, ehh!"
My heart completly felt his actions before my ears processed his words.
He kissed me and I almost let him walk away before my voice could be heard.
I immediatly knew I was his forever!
My fear of rejection already had me fumbling for the past several days now.
Scared to death of what may happen if I had told him that I had unintentionally fallen in love with him the moment I had spoken to him.
I thought I was crazy for feeling so strongly about a stranger until he held my hand as I sat beside his hospital bed.
I had never felt so close to someone until we touched.
It was then that I knew we had been meant for eachother all along.
That our hearts had been restless all these years and would never settle.  No matter the circumstance.  No matter the sacrifice.
Our hearts would not be whole until they were together.
Shortly after our hearts united, our families united.
Although our days are sometimes long and rushed, and bickering can frequently heard from our living room.
At the end of the day, when all is quiet, and I'm lying in bed next to him, you can still hear my heartbeat speed up!
Just like it did the first time. 
© Copyright 2010 tperez_423 (tperez_423 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1724707-The-first-time