*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1728913-Assignment-Six-The-Ceiling-of-Stars
Rated: GC · Assignment · Dark · #1728913
Lilleric Vampires living on Cape Cod
There wasn't a workman to be seen or heard when I returned. What remained to be done upstairs would be finished in time, with the help of my extra availability. I strolled the dining room area ,walking from table to table . This was really happening. I tried imagining it full, the bakery display case fully stocked , the kitchen bustling with orders. I heard a step in the darkness behind me.

“ What do you think? “ I walked through the stainless steel kitchen. I saw the magnetic rack of knives.

“ Impressive. Wonderful . Daunting.”

“ Come downstairs, “ He lead me down the stairs and into the flat. The carpet was perfect. Henri stood between me and the bedroom door. He shook his head “No”I looked at him puzzled. He put my orientation packet on the carpet in the living room. He turned my shoulders and guided me along the hall ,directing me into the bathroom. Candles filled the dressing room and bathroom. He pulled my shirt over my head, unsnapping my bra with one hand. His hands ran roughly over my breasts, I inhaled deeply. He turned the spray of the shower on. He lowered the cloth covered lid to the toilet , on which he sat. “Leave the curtain open. I want to watch you shower. “ I tested the water and stepped in .
The artificial rain flowed down my body , wetting my hair . I washed slowly turning as I did . He smiled his approval. He had bought a soap scented like cranberries and jasmine that I used to lather the face cloth. I washed my arms , bent to lather my legs, and finished washing slowly down my stomach.I stretched , lifting my breasts , lathering beneath them. My nipples grew hard. I went to soap my mound. “Use your fingers” he commanded from his seat, his husky voice thicker with desire. I lathered my hand. I washed the hair in front , then slid my fingers into my slit. “ Play with yourself for me.” I circled my nub , sliding my fingers around my entrance, My hips wiggled, I flushed.. It was appreciated. I stroked my velvet in full view of my mate. My scent filled the room with a musk of its own.

His eyes darkened, as he watched me. Gently , he lifted me out placing me on my feet on the floor . He dried my hair with a towel,” Don't be embarrassed. This leads to better things. Trust me. “ he soothed. I felt his hands pat me dry .I watched as he dropped his own clothes to the floor , I could see that my performance had met with his complete approval . He lifted me brushing my body with the hair on his chest., as he carried me into the bedroom . I clasped my arms around his neck. His dark eyes watched me as I explored. I rubbed the stubble on his cheeks . His mouth was soft as I kissed him . I had seen moments of this darker aspect. Now it was in command. I did not fear it. Dark or light, Henri would never hurt me . A small coil pressed my stomach just over my genitals, something inside me stretched tentatively above my ass, like a child waking.

The bedroom was lit by a multitude of candles. Large vases of roses, decorated the new furniture, My eyes scanned the room . The dark mate opened a vein and pressed it to my lips , My mouth sucked at the wound, then I licked the wounds to close , kissing his wrist,. He watched me, I used my fangs which had elongated and with a single motion, bit my wrist. It met with approval , I pressed it against his lips They covered the wound pulling from me as I had done with him, His tongue flicking on my skin set it afire. He returned my feet to the floor. I backed away from him . As he advanced, I stroked his chest and nipples. There was a deep determination in him . I smiled, he mirrored my smile from a darker place, His scent was muskier and deeper. My scent reacted to his.. I teased by backing over the bed, and flipping onto the other side of the room , He reached for me and missed , I rubbed myself with my fingers ,then held them inches from his face, He growled , grabbed and missed . I moved to the end of the bed, heading toward the door. I felt the coil expand, pressing strongly on my sex. For every move I made, he countered it.I learned the dance quickly which seemed to please him more than if I had just surrendered. He mounted the bed, hoping to corner me . I slid beneath his grasp and ran for the door, sprinting down the hall.

I heard the curse as he jumped from the bed . I ran down the hall, slamming doors as I ran. Then I hid in the closet next to the sherpa rug. I stayed very quiet , stilling my breath. I heard him search the small room next door. My own sexual excitement perfumed the apartment. The coil shifted , I pushed deep into the closet. I had trapped myself. But then the intention of both of us was always that he would catch me . A hand caught my ankle and pulled me from my hiding place. My breath quickened. I found myself elevated in the air , tossed over his shoulder.

I landed in the middle of the bed. He pinned me beneath him .His knee pushed between my legs forcing them open. I felt him enter me , taking his prize as his due. Something darker reached from me to him and found a welcome home in response. He had pushed me over the edge of the logical , He had found my huntress and turned her loose. I bucked my hips up using the momentum to flip him onto his back, where I rode him. He calmed and stroked my breasts, I leaned forward, he bared his throat, I marked him with my fangs. He flipped me over, forcing me to my knees, then took me from behind. He pulled my hips to him sliding deeper each time. His fangs found my throat bared for him . He marked me. I surrendered , curling up against him. His hands stroked my body. I looked at the ceiling, It was dark and covered with stars of various sizes and varying hues. He was the first to recover his words “ I couldn't give you the sun, but I painted those stars for you, They are all yours. “ I submitted totally as I fell asleep. I felt him relax against me. He had proven his point.

The next afternoon ,awakened by the whir of drills from upstairs, I walked into the kitchen, Henri spotted me first. He greeted me with a kiss. “Sit. I was going to bring this into you. “ He placed a cup of coffee on the table. I was met by the  amused eyes  Jean-Paul. He was about half way through his meal..

“ Well, you look none the worse for wear.” I watched the piece of cheese scrambled egg disappear into his mouth. "Mattress acceptable? " My face blossomed as my father in law spoke.

Henri sat next to me, pulling my flaming face into his chest, " You will get used to him.I certainly have, "he breathed into my hair. as the color of my face no longer was in danger of rivalling my hair,I took a sip from my coffee cup , sitting up to attempt the delicious smelling breakfast that had been placed before me.

None of the vampire literature that I had read ,prepared me for real life as a real vampire. For creatures as timeless as we, time passed quickly. It was just a breath and a wink before we found ourselves with infant twins and a three year old daughter. My aunt volunteered that she and my uncle would stay withthe kids, if we wanted to spend some adult time alone. Henri thought that it was a good idea . He knew how and I agreed to go with him on a Wild Hunt.

We headed North towards the Birkshires. We had driven for about an hour . I was unused to the silence, being trailed by Sophie since she had learned to walk and talk. We had never baby talked her,we did not baby talk the twins. I watched as we neared two young female hitchhikers. Both wore jeans.

. Henri looked in the rear view mirror , I scanned along both sides of the road. “ Get into the back, passenger side after I pick them up.” He looked at the mirror again , then watched the road ahead “If someone comes along, I won't .” He started the blinker to turn onto the shoulder of the road. He gently eased the car just slightly ahead of them , They picked up their backpacks and ran for our car. I rolled down my window. “ Where are you going? Can we give you a lift? “ I watched the young women check us out .

The taller one who had shoulder length brown hair , wore a light blouse of Asian Indian printed georgette that boasted beads and crystals around the embroidery trimmed butterfly that rested across her breasts. Her bell sleeves blew slightly in the breeze as sunset approached. She pushed the hair behind her ear as she spoke to me. Henri smiled at her. She smiled back. “We are going to Paradise. There's a free concert at the civic center tonight.” She shivered as she spoke. “Its colder here than I expected. It was warmer this afternoon, at the dorm.” She had big brown eyes , a full smile , and a perfect nose.

“The Falls in Massachusetts can be deceiving ,” Henri acknowledged pleasantly. his eyes meeting hers. “ We are going not far from there, and my heater works. We could drop you near the interstate so you would not have to wait long for another ride. “ He gave her a minute to consider . There was still a serious lack of traffic on this road. She signaled him to wait while she retreated to discuss the matter with her friend who waited a small distance away with the backpacks. Her friend was somewhat shorter , sporting shoulder length wheat colored hair and bangs. Her front teeth were more prominent but she was still pretty. She wore a jersey knit top with three quarter inch sleeves. It was very green , The large flower woven into the fabric at the neckline was filled with yellow and outlined in red. When both young women approached the car, carrying their backpacks, I made a point to adjust the vents on my side to blow warm.

“ If its not too much trouble,” said the first woman.

“ No , not at all” Henri reassured them. Butterfly top introduced herself as Kerry Atwell and her friend as Constance Rank. I reached out of the window and took Kerry's hand. It was freezing.

“Come sit up front where it is warmer, I encouraged her. “ I helped her into the front seat, taking her backpack into the back with Constance and I . Henri guided the car back into traffic. No one had seen us take them. Constance smiled at me. I thought her green eyes very pretty. “Where do you go to college?”

“Roger Williams “ said Kerry from the front. The car picked up speed.

“ Am I detecting a bit of an accent or is just my imagination ?” I continued.

“Well, you caught me, I am from Futrall ,Arkansas . “

“ And you? “

Constance considered me. “ Ukiah, California”

“ I thought that you might be both from out of state You weren't dressed prepared for a sudden cold snap which it looks like we might have tonight. Your parents must have hated having you go so far away. “

Kerry faced me over the seat. “ My momma cried at the airport. I promised her that I would fly home for Thanksgiving and Christmas. “

Henri continued to drive towards the entrance to the interstate. Our passengers watched for their destination , relaxed. After all, they had been picked up by a lovely nice and normal young couple who were maybe five years older than they.

Their drop off was rapidly approaching, “ Anyway, as I was saying before we picked up our new friends,” Henri sounded as if he were continuing a conversation that we had been having .I got it. He wanted me to pay attention. So far so good, the rural road was vacant of any traffic. “ Its like a dance . You will be surprised how much of it you already know. “ He stopped the car in the parking lot of a closed awning and tent store that was for sale. It was obvious that they had been closed for a long time.
He slid his arm across the back of the front seat to show Kerry where to seek other transportation . Constance handed me the backpacks to drop outside my door,as I opened it. I placed Kerry's on the ground first. I felt a pressure in my stomach. Both women smelled healthy.

“ We really do appreciate the ride,” Kerry lifted the button lock which clicked as it released.” I hope that you have a good evening.” She grew serious as she faced me.” My momma would have a fit if she thought that I were hitching but it was the only way to get there. “ She turned to leave. Henri shot his hand to the back of her hair , grabbing it tightly .She sped across the seat as he pulled her back.. He bit her just below the vein so that she would struggle no more. 'Wait here for me , darling” he breathed to Kerry. “ I promise to be right back”.

I was whacked up the left side of my head by the second backpack as Constance struggled to escape. She had not unlocked her door . She panicked,beating on the window, screaming, then found the button lock as I reached for her, pushing the backpack out of the way into Kerry's lap.. Henri had anticipated her move, jumping out of the car. She opened the door only to have it slam shut again as he kicked the door with his booted foot. She started to scream again. I grabbed her hair, hitting the vein just right . She stopped fighting. She was quiet. Satisfied that I had control, he pulled the car to the back of the store, to enjoy his own feast. The pressure released. We cleaned up , then dropped the bodies in a nearby deserted dumpster. He took the backpacks, scattering the contents on the ground . Then he threw the bags several feet away. Kerry's plane ticket blew down the road. Somebody would find their wallets, their credit cards , the jewelry .Somebody would have some explaining to do. Somebody was not us. I returned to the front seat. I snuggled closer to him. “ I think that I will like this.” He wiggled his eyebrows like an old time vaudeville comedian and drove off into the promise of a pleasurable night.

The area around the Looking Glass is considered to be one of the most beautiful in the Bay State. We arrived just before sunset , the sky appeared to swallow the sun into the the lagoon centuries old, in the center of a basin left by glaciers long ago. The sky and clouds were colored in vivid pinks, oranges and yellow punctuated by vaporous white and heavy dark clouds. When the sun set in this area , it looked as if the entire horizon had been set on fire,.the red rocks which surrounded the lagoon reflected a second life as burning embers. A wooden bridge hung high above the lagoon and basin , suspended by rope and cable , provided a birds eye view of the area. In the growing darkness , the golden lights of nearby resorts could be seen from the bridge

“ Shall we ?” He opened my car door , extending me his hand. I smiled my approval and stepped out . Leave it to a man with an artistic temperament to find a place that was artistically pleasing to find a place to sup. He watched the humans closely. “ I think that I know just the place to hole up until they settle down a little. “ He whistled as he led me across the wooden bridge. Our footsteps echoed as we crossed . He pointed out the day and camping areas. He made the bridge sway,scaring some tourists who followed us. They glared at him . He apologized. This was followed by an under his breath comment'' Fuck them if they can't take a joke.” . I smiled and encouraged his departure from our usually polite exteriors. My nerves began to unknot. This was what I was born to do. He wasn't asking me to be pretend to be civil to them. He was challenging me to be myself.

It was the first time we had stepped outside the scene that we had lived for almost four years. It felt free and empowering. He walked me up the dirt path through the soft grass , that wound through the firs. The grass gave way to a bed of yellowed needles, which lead to a small wooden cabin with no windows, the exterior was weathern shingle . It was too far from the main areas to be popular with the tourists. We could see most of the activity in the basin and were not visible to them. I liked the advantage. A purple cornflower or jack in the pulpit would grown in the midst of this wonderous landscape by accident. I looked up as a redheaded woodpecker beat his tattoo on a turpentine pine next to a skinny scrub oak. Henri lifted me into the cabin as there were no stairs then jumped up himself. He laid back relaxed in the the darkness of the cabin . I moved next to him, unzipping his fly. He feigned shock and outrage. I laughed.

“What makes you think I am even interested ? I eyed his erection .

I chuckled “ Because I know you to be of easy virtue , sir. “

He laughed “ Oh well , in that case, my father told me never to disagree with a lady. Even less so if she is your wife. Come here.” I obliged him, lowering my jeans and panties, fitting him neatly into my sheath. He did not complain. He flipped the sex on me , becoming dominant which I found to be exciting. I liked being the object of his care and attention . There were no three year old hands opening doors to interrupt sexual play here. No child fussed to be fed or changed. This was ours alone. . I blessed Liz who had placed the bee in my uncle's ear that we could use the time alone. I took my time as I rode up and down on his length , my tits bouncing as I did. I wasn't listening for crying or the phone calls with an emergency from upstairs. I was focused on him , he was focused on pleasing both of us. It was delicious as Jean Paul had intimated.. We weren't hurrying because we had promised Sophie or anyone else anything. My juices ran on his stomach. He dipped his fingers in them , smelling them, his eyes grew dark. I had pulled Hunter from him , Huntress beat inside me against a lifetime of rules to pass me as a human person that did not apply.. I felt her push inside of me. I bade him physically to draw her out. He smiled. If I were Henri's mate, She belonged to his darker element.. He had only to free her. He knew how. I surrendered, wrapping my legs around his waist as the strokes came harder and more often. I felt myself slip into pleasure. I felt pushed to the back of my consciousness. She stepped forward I trusted my safety to him . Glad to  see her, I felt Him stroking our body nipping.  kissing and licking at her . She raked her nails across his back and challenged him to take her again . He met the challenge with renewed energy. I felt my body explode . Henri gathered me into his arms, where I slept for over an hour.

“ I am glad that we got a chance to do this. Things have happened pretty quickly between us since your first night. “ He sat on the grass , and tapped the space next to him . I sat down. “ I can see how much you have learned .”

“ You are a good teacher. “

'Some of its me. More of it is you being smart and creative. I see that in the kids as well. I am going to ask something hard for you. If you can't , I won't push it. “

I waited for him to finish.

“ Some of the customers have taken notice of how little we interact with them away from the restaurant. I have begged off as the children are so young. Then you were pregnant with twins, They are still babies. But Sophie will be four her next birthday. She is big enough to run if necessary. “ He took a deep breath , “ We need to do some of the things that they do . Can you do classes with her or do Storytime at the library? Play with other kids at the park? “

I looked at him “ You are serious , Human mothers spend half a lifetime teaching their children not to play with their food. You want me to teach mine how to play with theirs?”

“Isn't it the right thing? If we do not interact, how do they pull a scene when they are older? Papa did have a point when he suggested that you grew up an orphan . That you had to learn everything from the ground up after you changed. You are smart but you are still learning some of the basics , But you came with knowing how to deal with them. ”

I didn't have an answer for his question. “What do I do with the twins?”

“ I have thought about that. Papa and I will take turns watching them downstairs on days when we are not very busy. We can chart which days are usually slow. If we get busy, then you and Soph will need to come back. Human women have to change their schedules all of the time to accommodate their families. You can leave bottles for us like you did for Liz. I am not sure human formula is compatible with our systems. No one has ever analyzed the breast milk from our women that I aware. It would be better if they didn't ingest something ,where we have no control. Your sun tolerance is temporarily better because of the twins. Maybe you could do some , “ he struggled for the word.

"Playdates?"

"Exactly. My preference is to carry on as we have for at least a little while longer . Let Sophie be five first. I am not sure if I can stand to have them in the lair. But Papa is afraid that that the kids won't catch up later. “ He took my hands in his. “ My preference would be not to need the others at all. But,” he shook his head.

“Things aren't that way,” I finished.

He put an arm around my shoulders. “ So what do we do? “

" There is a Story time at the library, we could start there.Maybe Soph would find a friend there.

Henri agreed.

Sophie did meet a lovely little human girl names Lili her very first day . I was cordial to her mother ,Paulette . They lived two blocks from the cafe. We were inviled to watch the Pats game the very next week at their house. It seemed that they did this frequently.

Sunday came and went without incident. The men kept their complaints about our human hosts to themselves . I hadn't a clue.  We passed it off pleasantly , it was anything but pleasant for us. My uncle had claimed the twins for the day. But Sophie and Lili were tight. I watched my daughter learn from the little human girl. We would teach her later what to do with that knowledge. Jack, Paulette's second husband, was quite another matter. It was the topic of discussion among the adults when we got home.

“ If I hear one more time about the horror movies that he has seen , I may have to hurt him,” grumbled my mate. “ He is so totally obsessed with vampire women in nighties and crotchless panties from some cheap knock off of an older film , that I could scream. “

“ I didn't hear any of that, “ I interjected. I brought three cups and a carafe of coffee to the table.

“ He waited for you women to leave , then acted as if we,” Henri indicated his father as well as himself “ were part of a secret lodge with him. “ He shuddered. “He keeps calling me Hank.”

Jean Paul smiled. “ And it gets worse, we are invited to a cookout in two weeks , with hot dogs and the works. Some of the other neighbors will be there. Paulette is supposed to call you . I am hoping that it is too early and we can beg off, “ He looked as if he would rather feed off of rats. I never let on that I had already excused us with a prior commitment. The cook out was too early for us to be there . I just told him  I would handle it. My father in law was grateful.

We don't play well by human rules . But sometimes , even humans ,have good ideas . Two days later, I stood backlit in the bedroom door. by the pale light of the nightlight, from the kitchen. Henri lay propped up in our bed, wearing his small round metal framed glasses as he read the newest copy of Smithsonian .

“Good article? “ I asked from the doorway. He remained engrossed in the magazine.

“ Mmmm, its alright. I remember hearing about this at the time.” He turned the page,without looking up.

“What's it about? “ I smiled

“ Big time murder in Salem in eighteen ninety seven.” He turned another page. I continued to watch him. He was uncomfortable with my focus being on him . It wasn't me , it was anyone being focused on him for too long. He looked up to see what I wanted. He dropped the magazine on the floor.

“Whoa!. Where did you get that? “ I watched as he removed the glasses and placed them on the night stand by the bed. Difficult as it was, I had managed to surprise him.

“ Liz took me shopping. Andrew watched the kids. “ I twirled in the hot pink nylon v necked shorty nightgown . “ Would you like to investigate the panties? “ I purred. ' I mean I am a vampire woman. “ I batted my eyelashes. I blushed. “ I swear if you laugh at me , I will cry.”

He pulled me over onto the bed. “ Whose laughing?" He rubbed the back of my neck, kissing the top of my head. With a sudden motion , he grabbed my hand, pulling me out of the flat, leading me up the stairs. He pulled me into the cafe where he turned on the music, dancing with me tightly. His hands rubbed my breasts. They played in the hole of the panties. He groaned. He moved forward, taking me with him, growling softly. I felt his fangs nip at my throat as he took possession .My hands slid up his chest and around his neck. I guided us onto the floor.,spreading my legs in wet welcome. He tore the panties off , and threw them aside. Wave after wave crashed over me as I locked my legs against the back of his. His movement made me grasp and release. I pulled him closer , lifting my hips , allowing the thrusts to go deeper. I shuddered around him, Henri following moments behind. I lay on the hardwood floor of the cafe looking at him and he at me . We were content.

From behind us, to our left, we heard the sound of a key scrape in the door. Neither of us were dressed for company . I found the nightie but the torn panties had found a hiding place. They were nowhere to be seen.

“ I can't go “ I whispered to Henri.' The panties are missing.” I started to search. He grabbed my upper arm and spun me around.

“ Have to , neither of can stay . I will find them later. Come upstairs and help me look after you are dressed. Hopefully no one else finds them first. “ He ushered me down the stairs We got down the stairs , just as Katy walked in to begin prep work. She turned the lights on in the kitchen and prep area. She heard a noise on the stair, turned those light on and saw nothing. She started the pots of coffee on the Brun.

Downstairs, we raced to the two bathrooms , showering, and dressing. I threw on a tee shirt and jeans, adding my loafers , Henri was dressed for work. We walked upstairs, him leading the way. I headed for the dining room , moving chairs and tables, feeling in the bench cushions of the booths. Katy watched me with some curiosity. Henri , while starting his prep work searched the kitchen , the back kitchen and the pantry areas. Wherever they had gone, the panties were nowhere to be seen. He looked at me . I raised my arms , shrugging. I had not found them .neither had he.

“ What are you you looking for? “ asked Katy as she filled the display case.

“An earring, one of the customers called. Thought that she might have lost it here,last night,” I lied.

“ Said that she pulled her hair back and it flew off” added Henri compounding my lie.

“ If I see it, I will let you know.” promised Katy.

I heard Soph from downstairs. My search was over for now. I kissed Henri before I left. . “Do keep trying to find it.”

“I will” he promised as the first customer walked in. Katy provided Mr. Malone with a menu and some ice water.

Three hours later, I saw him enter the flat. " DId you find them? " I asked.

"Find what" he replied , yawning. He remembered "Oh, no . Wherever I shot them they are doing a good job of hiding.Cheer up, if we can't find them, maybe no one else will."

The chiming of the bell upstairs informed us that business was brisk. He kissed me and went to go sleep. I listened to the upstairs a few minutes more to see if Katy needed me. It wasn't long until I had crawled in beside him, pulling the quilt over us both.

"I have my prep and side work done, " Katy counted off as whe bussed tables. 'Just have to mop the floor, load the dish washer and empty the wastebasket. She took the pans of dirty customer dishes over to the dish station to rinse and stack. Reaching up to the shelf above the station, she pulled a liner from a box and walked over to the wastebasket by the door, pulling it away from the wall.

" Must have done a great lunch rush, This thing weighs ton. One would think that it had a dead body in it. " She puffed as she worked , gathering up spare napkins. She began to giggle.There between the wall and the wastebasket, lay something pink and sheer. She reached down with the top of her pen and pulled it up by the waistband. She looked at the door to downstairs , smiling. “Earring, my ass” she whispered. She took the panties , depositing them in a to go bag, adding a piece from the scratch pad to the top marked Special Order, folded the top of the bag over once and stapled it shut with a single stable. She placed it by her purse in the office.

At three thirty, Henri reappeared to handle the evening . Jean-Paul was due at five. We trooped the kids upstairs. The twins were deposited into the playpen. Sophie watched a video on my computer. Katy brought me her drawer, then gathered her red plaid jacket and purse to leave She handed me the to go bag . “ I think I found what you were looking for” she smiled. “ Never did find that earring , however.” She winked at me , went out of the door , crossing the street to the bus stop. I pulled the bag open , looking inside . She had found the panties. I put the bag into my diaper bag.

“ Henri, item recovered” I reported. Henri looked up. “Katy found it. I have it now.” He chuckled as he worked. I sat down to count her drawer.

The Saturday before Thanksgiving was clear and crisp . The golds and reds of Autumn has tenaciously hung onto their trees as decorations , as if they knew how much we anticipated this night. I played with our young in the yard. I placed a small foam pad on the ground then covered it with a blanket that I had bought from a thrift store , I carried the lighter of the play pens out onto the grass and leaf covered lawn, placing the twins dressed in light snowsuits into it. Sophie ran around the full diameter of the yard. She wore her quilted red jacket, spinning and twirling. She watched the squerials gather nuts and bury them in the yard. One bold one came partway down the oak branch which ran from our neighbor's yard to ours to stare at Sophie. It ripped open an acorn , and proceeded to nibble it in front of her. Then it chattered at her, retreating back up the tree . Her laughter rang out like crystal,clean , sharp .

“ Did you always know Da? “

I thought about her question. “ I met your father when we moved to here to Sothwold. Papa was very kind . We did not know anyone. He and Uncle Andrew became friends quickly. Papa used to bring Da to our house. Uncle Andrew raised me from a little girl. But after Da and I met, I always knew that I wanted Da to be your father. “

Sophie smiled at me . “ You made a good choice, . I like Da . “ She rattled the baby toy at Val 's face. Val went to grab at it with mittened hands , Tommy , sitting in my lap tracked the flight of a late bumblebee as it flew through the yard.

“What do you like best about Da ?” I asked my daughter.

“ That he says he is sorry when he makes a mistake. Even to me. “

“ Yes, that is important, isn't it? I like that about him too “

Sophie nodded. “He plays with me and the babies. He colors with me .What do you like best about Da?”

I thought. “ I like that he bought this building for us. That he picked out our home for us. I love that he surrounds all of us in our bedrooms with his love . That he paints his love on the walls. “

“ Like our Guardians?” she asked me , her eyes shining at me . She loved the three women ,his mother, my mother and Liz that he had painted on the closet door of her bedroom.

“ Exactly . Like my ceiling of stars in our bedroom where you all were born. If I feel bad , then the stars tell me how much, how many ways he loves me. Even when he is angry, even when he is busy and forgets to say it out loud.”

We planned to have the family in to spend time with the babies. Scenes were harder to plan as humans tended to be unavailable . Between the kids and the cafe, we both were exhausted. Henri did most of the cooking but there is more to cooking even when there are three kids. He had Katy upstairs. I was by myself with the kids , hating it that I was alone all of the time. Worse, I had had major post partum with this birth. A little attention would have gone along way.
.
“ You are in trouble with her, Mister” my uncle whispered to Henri as he helped Liz with her coat.

I handed Jean Paul my son. Jean Paul sang to him in French. He had sung to Sophie when she was born as well so it sat well with me. He handed Tommy back . I passed Val to him . He began a different song for her. I couldn't be angry with him for ,maybe ,liking his grandson just a tiny bit better .

Jean Paul looked at me “ Henri , you have missed something. I am also picking up on Arina being less than pleased with you. Count your steps since the twins were born like you count your pieces in a scene. “

Henri looked at me. “ She is tired, sore. Probably the rest is hormones. “ I hated being dismissed for all the wrong reasons.

Jean Paul watched me pace . “I don't think so. I think that there is a squall about to break here so I am going home. Call me if you need a couch. “ He put on his long camel colored coat, buttoning it. He walked over to me , “ Good sleep , Arina. “ I hugged him . He gave his son a sharp look. “ Remember what I said. Count your steps. “ I heard him walk up the stairs and leave through the bakery. The faint jingle of the outside door sounded as he proceeded down the cement sidewalk to the car outside. I heard the door shut .The car drove away.

I walked into the living room , where Henri had finished cleaning up . I paced to the bathroom , washed my face and brushed my teeth. I went to bed.

Henri was not far behind me. He tried not to jiggle the our bed too much as he crawled in beside me. He reached to hold me. I shook him off and kept my back to him. Rejection was a new experience for him. He sat up. “ You are angry with me.” His voice was filled with wonder. He moved to hold me, I shook him off a second time. He stroked my back. I got up taking my pillows and the top quilt to move to the couch in the living room. He pulled me back. “Stop." I picked up the pillows and the quilt once more. Moving quickly, he got in front of me,sitting on the floor before me .

“If I have done something , I am sorry. You only have to tell me . I will try to make it right.” He watched me in the dark. My eyes accused him.

He moved next to me on the bed. He sat down and began to name the things that had happened since Dr Sarah left. We had talked about presenting the babies. He had called my uncle and Liz then asked his father to come over that evening. He reviewed the prior two days twice more, each time slower than the previous. Realization zapped him like an electric current. He hadn't fed me since two days before the twins were born. He was horrified. I got up, placing the quilt like a cape around my shoulders, picked up the pillows. I moved into the living room and sat on the couch,placing my pillows against the arm. He followed me out.

“ We can fix that. You should have said something.”He went to bite his wrist to feed me, I stopped him by covering his wrist with my hand. He looked up confused.

"I don't need your pity. I can take care of myself.”

He was annoyed. “ You cannot lift Sophie tonight. I doubt that you could run down the stairs. “ He moved to feed me again. I turned away from him, coldly. He put his arm down.

“You were supposed to be in this with me. You were supposed to care enough to tend to my needs .. We have done this when Sophie was born , You knew what needed doing  , I should not have had to ask.Your part of the bargain.. You made me feel like a whore if I had to ask. I felt as if  I had been in this all alone for days. “ I started to cry as I recounted my grievances.

He listened without saying a word, t came and sat beside me. I felt him lean back , taking me with him as he had when we went up to Looking Glass. He blew gently on my hair and dabbed my tears with the edge of the quilt. I moved to pull away but he held me tightly where I was. I felt his strong hands knead the small of my back , my neck and shoulders. I stretched out on the couch.His hands stroked my sides as I lay on my stomach. his fingers found each knot that held my anger and untied it. Every touch was meant for me to enjoy , to relax me. His lips burned one kiss after another all over my body. His mouth pulled my toes into it , licking each toe with his tongue. I could feel just the slightest pressure of his tongue between his lips on my skin as I dropped into a needed sleep.

I picked up our son , taking him into the living room with me. I heard no movement from above. As I fed our son, I called the cafe . No one answered. It was almost seven. We should have opened an hour ago. I called Katy's cell.

'Katy, its Arina. Call back please. Are you upstairs? I tried the office phone . Voice mail picked up. " I walked and rocked Tommy around the living room . I did not hear a step over head. It disturbed me. PIck up, pick up I willed as I dialed her number again. Nothing.It wasn't normal . Things had been so crazy, I checked the calendar to make sure that it wasn't Sunday. It was Monday.

I walked into the bedroom, placing the baby into his bassinet. I cleaned up and dressed in the first bathroom. I went up the stairs to the cafe quietly. The lights were on, the display case stocked. Going through the kitchen , into the back bathroom, I checked the scents as I went. It was clean .There lay Katy on the tile floor in the bathroom. I could hear her heart. she was alive but struggling. "Stay quiet, Katy. I am calling for help. " . I dialed 911 from her phone which lay on the floor next to her. I moved towards the door to wait for the ambulance. I could hear that she was having trouble breathing. Her hands clutched into claws. I do not usually have to help keep humans alive.

The scream of the siren halted in front of the cafe door. " Over there , on the floor"They covered her face with an oxygen mask as they loaded her supple form onto a gurney , then into the ambulance .They spoke to her as they worked,addressing her by name.

I called Henri's cell. I heard Val crying as he answered.

" Where are you?" he asked groggily. I heard him become more cognizant as our daughter fussed.

" Upstairs. Katy is on her way to the hospital . I didn't hear her moving around, she did not answer her phone. She was collasped on the bathroom floor. You need to come up and cook if you are going to open. Bring the playpen, and the babies. Wake Sophie, have her dress and come upstairs. We can have the customers order at the register today and pick up at the pass . We will keep the babies between us. Sophie can give out menus . I can ring people out - I can sit in the backed stool. " I heard him stretch and move as Henri listened to my plan.

I was his wife ,his mate, the cafe was his mistress. I called Katy's parents to tell them where the ambulance had taken her. Behind me , I heard the snap of the playpen open. Sophie sat at our table, sleep still clouding her eyes. He handed me our fussing daughter. I took her into the back kitchen to feed . He placed our son in the playpen which sat between us. I heard the cutting board hit the counter. He walked behind me as I placed Val into the playpen. I felt him nuzzle the back of my neck as he smelled my hair, which sent sparks of pleasure up my spine. His arms slide around my waist, beneath my breasts as he squeezed me gently. I had been wrong. It wasn't begging when you were friends as well as lovers. His fingers gently stroked my hair,as he guided me to the stool , placing a pillow that he had carried in the playpen, behind my back. The sign was turned, the door was unlocked. The day had begun.

When Jean-Paul appeared at three thirty, he helped us relocate back downstairs. I carried the playpen, each of the men held a twin. Sophie followed behind us , holding onto the bannisters tightly. We got the kids settled. Sophie had started shy with the customers but became more gregarious as the day progressed. She was exhausted. My plan had worked. Not without its problems, more than once Henri had to caution curious customers to get on their own side of the counter,away from the twins. But , in the end, we had pulled it off.

" Tired? " I asked him as he sat on the couch, his head leaning against the back..

"Bushed " he replied. I reached for his left foot , removing his shoe. He had been on his feet all day. I kneaded the ball of his foot , sliding my fingers between his toes. I separated each toe, caressing each one. He groaned in pleasure. I slid my hands up the sides of his foot. When I finished with one foot, I worked the other as I sat before him on the floor.

"Thank you " he smiled when I had finished. "For the massage and "

" And? " I replied watching his face.

"Trusting me to keep you all safe."

Our last night in our building, Jamie begged to spend the time remaining with Lucius and Val. All of them promised that she would be at the cafe when it was time to go. Her father allowed it. Jamie rode behind Val in the Bitch seat. They would make sure that she got fed.

As always,the speed at which time passes in the Human world , to which our kids were subject until recently , passed all too quickly. Children grew up. New mates were clamed. We had survived an attack when the children were young of the
O Connors who planned to kill us through experimentatation. It had forced us to sent the older  kids away for six unbearable weeks.We had survived public school with three of the kids,Sophie being the only one to do all of her schooling away from Colony. We had survived . We had even survived out youngest , Jamie walking in on a scene that we were playing out with the Dudleys to get all of us fed. She was lucky that her father had saved her by agreeing to a punishment for her even though she had been underage and Unchanged. We were free, so long as we were careful. we had been a breeding couple. Our second family would not begin for at least another seventy five years.

Sadly, because we did not age enough, our enduring scene which had lasted for thirty years , had ended. The building was for sale. We would help start to move the Colony to California. Visits with our kids and their young would be held in secret but they would happen.

“ I have a surprise for you “. Henri led me to the fireplace downstairs, which he lit. I sat on an oversized cushions on the floor which was covered with a small Sherba rug purchased by Liz , long ago. . There was a display of fruits, chocolate, wine and cheese. The sizzle of small cubes of rare beef was added in the center in a small white bowl, He indicated the food.”Please.” He watched me eat. He chose a piece of the rare beef. “ Its better if its not cold ,'he explained. 'Its too late to hunt.”

“ You remembered . You did this our first night together. The first time that you brought me here . To remember after almost thirty years, “ I choked up, butterflies filling my chest. “ you said almost those same words then that you just said. I stood up , walked to the bathroom , bringing a small pink bag with me. I sat it next to me.

“ I remember it all . I still would do it all over again. Its what made us who we are. I think that I would kill O'Connors sooner now but if I had, the other families would not have known to protect their kids. “ I leaned forward grabbing the end of the cube in my teeth. He surrendered it following me to the floor as I pulled the cube into my mouth. His fingertips danced up and down my left forearm . They played along the inside of my thigh. He waited . We smiled at each other. I kissed his shoulder. He smoothed my hair. Our lips met. He reached behind me unhooking my bra. I felt him squeeze my breast one finger at a time. He pulled me to him,.I caressed his hair. My fingers stroked his shoulder. “ I love sleeping with you” he said . “ I love our history . I look forward to our future. “

I pulled him to me , teasing his tongue with mine, I lifted a small thin bottle of oil from the bag, which was now behind me. My hands directed him to lay back, Oil splashed into my hands from the bottle. I rubbed them gently together , then slid them down his chest, matting the hair against his skin. He groaned as my thumbs pressed his nipples , swirling the oil in concentric circle. I pulled my hands down the center of his chest to his abdomen then slide my hands down to his groin. He moaned , Oiling my hands again, I rubbed his balls, sliding my right hand up his erect member . “ A little lower , and to the left ?” I teased . He chuckled . “ This time , I won't be running away to find a stream to clean up,” I purred lowering my head over the mushroom head, My tongue taunted, my mouth widened as our eyes darkened. He growled. I invited. I posed myself above him and slide him into my wet velvet sheath. I rocked as I rode him , his hips lifting in response . He exploded inside of me as I bit him to mark him . My back hit the pillows. I felt his lips nibble my breasts , then feast on my nipples. His tongue tasted me all the way down to my mound , I felt a pinch then the lapping of his tongue as he marked me . I squirmed under his care. His eyes were black and determined. I lofted my hips to bid him enter once more. He entered freely and of his own will. The sea crashed against protective walls outside. The sea crashed in my body bringing us both to shuddering climax.

I held him close to me. “ You are a great teacher, a wonderful dad, my favorite husband , my perfect lover,my best friend. I could not imagine this life without you.” He pulled me into him , where we fell asleep.

We had survived the squalls of our early years, somehow avoiding the rocks. There had been times when we brushed against an unseen danger hidden in the tide, when our egos and inexperience almost scuttled our ship. We had made it to port, bruised but not broken. Four children had grown up here .We had lived here happily if not always in peace. We had worked together through everything thrown at us.

Only Jamie was going with us to California. She still needed parenting, still needed training. I had grown from fledgling timidly playing with herself in the shower to assured Huntress who could evoke my dark aspect as readily as Henri. I had faith that the two of us could guide her as well.
© Copyright 2010 vladsgirl (irinetta at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1728913-Assignment-Six-The-Ceiling-of-Stars