*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1739414-ares
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1739414
18+ only please
Ares: God of My Heart

         September had several early snows before this one; however, this storm caught Landra away from any shelter.  She was a Viking girl of seventeen scouting raid routes in the backlands to other countries.  Climbing the mountain was easy enough but this storm would not relent.  Forcing her smoke black war-horse, Conchobar, to move on to avoid freezing she rounded a bend in the forest.  Just a head a group of several trees with branches high enough off the ground for her horse to fit under loomed unhappily heavy with snow.  Once under the thick branches she worked quickly to start a fire and secure the limbs to provide a windbreak and extra shelter.  She unpacked her bed roll of furs, ordered her horse to lie down, and draped dry covers on to the back of her horse after removing the wet ones.  Hanging the soiled furs by the fire to dry she tried to busy herself with odds and ends to keep from scrumming to frostbite.  The hours past quickly & she grew tired.  “Will I live another day?” She thought as her vision blurred. 

         Dawn came and she was alive.  Conchobar had come to sleep by her side and probably saved her life, though it did nothing to spare her beautiful features from being marred by grime.  She cleaned herself the best she could then looked to the west to see if the snow covered the trail.  An avalanche had completely blocked the passages leading down the pristinely white mass of rock.  “Thank the Gods that we weren’t a little slower in our journey.”  “Not all the Gods are responsible for that my dear.”  A devilish voice responded causing her to bolt and spin around.  “This is my punishment from Hera.  I displeased her.  I have to reveal my failures and faults to someone before the next sun up or I will be banished from my home and stripped of my rank.  Tell me who rides with you so I may avoid further humiliation.”  “I am sorry to tell you that I ride alone and haven’t seen another soul for almost a week.  If you are truly trapped here by The Queen of your Gods I will be your only council.  I am willing if you are; if not I wish you luck in finding another.  You may use my shelter if you like.”  “I am not sure if I should tell you my stories, but I would love for you to stay.”  A wicked grin flashed on the man’s face and was gone before it was seen.  “So be it.  I wasn’t really looking forward to riding in this untimely weather.”  Landra said blandly. 

         The two began to fortify their lodgings, collect firewood, and do the usual survival chores until it became early afternoon.  Although they didn’t speak they worked together with precision.  When they were finished a structure of some integrity stood at the base of the trees.  “Your time is running out, Sir.  Are you sure you want to refuse my offer?  No one has been by all day.”  “This must be very pleasing for Hera.  I must rely on a woman for salvation.”  His ego was pulsing in his words.  “I have no choice.  Come and sit with me by the fire, although, I would rather not I will tell you my darkness.”  “Why does it bother you to tell a woman?”  “Actually, I don’t really care.  I have to be able to tell my whole story though and am unsure if you can withstand all I have to say.”  “I will do my best to hear you, Sir.  If we are ready to start perhaps you would like to begin with your name.”

         Ares began his story with his parents and the birth of Hercules.  The skepticism was plain on Lan’s face but she listened to the War God’s tales of disappointment and unfulfilled vows to his mother the Queen.  Darkness set upon the two as he continued past her tears and anger.  She sat through every horrid word and in doing so was earning the respect and trust of a powerful being.  “…And now I sit with you on top of this rock barred from using my powers until I complete her instructions to prove that I am not ‘completely incompetent’ and that I love my mother above all else.”  “Your story is a sad one, but I can not pity you.  You have proved to be strong in heart as well as body.  Because you gave me the chance to listen you have overcome your arrogance and stubbornness.  I am proud to know you, Ares God of War.”  “You don’t hate me for the things I have done to mankind?”  Ares asked as he moved to a crouch, leering at her.  “How can I hate you it is not for me to judge the Gods.  I don’t think that you do anything that wouldn’t have happened on its own eventually.  You use what is available like an artist unsure of his work.  I would forgive you of everything my lord.  I don’t say this because I fear you but because I could love you.” 

As soon as those words escaped her lips Ares had her arms in his hands holding her off the ground.  Standing strait and square he looked into Landra’s eyes and past to her core.  There he saw the truth of it and his powers returned.  I owe you my existence, name your price and I will grant it!”  He howled with great enthusiasm as he set her down.  “You can’t give me what I truly desire my lord.  It is not in your power to give, but by your own will that it could be.”  “How do you know I don’t will it sweet one?” 

With that Ares pressed his body to hers using all of his ability to arouse her.  His kisses were deeper and more passionate than any mortal man could give and his fingers brought sensations that could never be described by human methods.  Both God and mortal began to ache with need almost immediately.  Assertively they removed the clothing that covered the agonizingly provocative flesh that was rubbing their own exterior into an inferno of passion.  His heat was so intense that winter seemed to melt away at his slightest touch as his whispers caught her soul.  Her response to him was equally stimulating. 

Soon they were on their knees fighting to memorize the other in complete detail.  Tongues and teeth were flashing.  Romantic and lewd words were strung together with ferocity. Unable to bare this kind of play any longer Landra threw herself on the God of War thrusting her hips so their bodies would join.  An eruption of power caused both of them to spasm in exhilaration as they fought for a dominant position during their ravenous lovemaking.  Biting and clawing each other as the sex became overwhelming, reducing them to primal animalism.  Blood flowed off his back and shoulders as well as her neck and breasts.  Bruises and wounds appeared on every inch of exposed skin forcing the lover’s excitement higher.  Finally she screamed and tensed.  Ares echoed her and they fell apart from one another unable to move and barely breathing. 

The sun rose and the snow melted cooling the lovers as the day grew hot.  The first day of spring was protecting them.  They had been making love for nearly six months!     
© Copyright 2011 repulsivebeauty (shunnasassy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1739414-ares