*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1763590-the-mirror
by hank
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1763590
a reflection on life
I stand in front of the mirror and gaze deep into the porthole of my heart ...its filled with all the happiness of past experiences and hope of all the future dreams yet to come
My gaze then shifts to the gloomy grey wall of the current reality that the mirror hangs on ..and the overwhelming feel of emptiness overtakes me from the pit of my stomach to the bottom of my troubled heart the challenges and trials of the everyday situations
The wall can't be moved and solidly grounded ..the mirror is the only "bright spot" and glimmer of hope amidst the sadness of a troubled heart..
Your eyes shift back and fourth between the two ...the mirror fills your heart with the hopeful joy and promise of a brighter future and the memories melt your troubles away ....
But the wall stands tall with the reminder of the "now" and it is what it is"...mentality ..and you wonder if you will ever be able to get past the wall and into the light ...
The constant frustration of he happiness of the mirror ...followed by the reality of the wall on which it hangs ...as you wondering sometimes ....if its better to keep on hoping ...or bow your head and walk away from the mirror for good ...dejected and alone......you weigh your options and you honestly don't know what to the walls are huge and closing in around you ...and the mirror the bright spot ..the glimmer of hope that hangs amidst the chaos of the wall..is there ...but sometimes the pain of going from one to the other eats away at you ...
And you truly truly reflect on where you are in life.....
© Copyright 2011 hank (daschund4 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1763590-the-mirror