*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1767066-Darkness-reborn
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Fantasy · #1767066
Battle between good and evil
There is blood in the air.
Patrick's senses as he looks up at the approaching storm in the evening sky. No, not again these damn humans he shouts and waves his fist angrily into the air. He turns facing the two large copper doors of the principal Masonic temple in Brooklyn. Patrick reaches into his gray vest-pocket for the Golden and emerald jewel Skeleton key that Michael the Archangel placed in his protection millenniums ago. He puts the key into the lock turning hearing an unearthly clunk. Patrick now knows the box containing the crystal spearhead with all the hidden knowledge of the angels is still safe, but his archenemy is planning humanity destruction with a horrendous weapon. Looking back a moment, Patrick remembers the day of the big battle between the Angels of light and darkness.           The blue and white sky had turned gray with a sudden onset of wind. A moment later he could hear the cries of the legions of fallen Angels begging for mercy. Zealot The last of the fallen angels’ struck Thomas's sword. Thomas returned with a heavy blow and lightning bolts flashed in the sky. A moment later, the thunder exploded and the ground under their feet shook with fear. The battle took them to a crest of a big pit. Thomas hit Zealot sword with all he could muster causing him to lose his balance; however, instead of letting Zealot fall into the pit of hell. Thomas reaches out with his left hand preventing the fall. Now until the end of days, their battle will continue. 
Patrick could feel the wind blowing against his back. He looks up and down Lafayette Avenue seeing the fallen autumn leaves dance across the gray concrete sidewalks. "There is not a soul in sight." Thomas said and magically his glorious white wings appear, and he is off to his Wednesday night poker game at Shamrock Bar and Grill in park slope.

He gently lands on the tar roof of the shamrock Bar and Grill, and look again at the angry evening sky. He straightens and begins to buttons the jacket of his three-piece gray suit. Patrick gazes to his gold pocket watch with his dazzling blue eyes and his heart begins to pound knowing that a battle is soon to begin. There are more important concerns to worry about instead of playing poker this evening with his clandestine group of lost souls. The 5'7" Patrick Sullivan walks down the three flights of stairs and is ready for a fight.

Duffy, the bartender sees Patrick and waves his hand and says the regular Patrick, "what the hell do you think?" Patrick replies in a growl to the red cheeked bartender."        In one quick motion of his right hand, he gulped down his first shots of whiskey. Patrick faces Duffy and said. "again" Duffy gives Patrick a tightly fix smile. "Are my associates in the backroom?" Patrick asked. Duffy nodded in response to his question.

Patrick puts the whiskey glass down on the mahogany bar and walks over the sawdust covered wooden floor until he reaches the entrance to the backroom. Turning the copper doorknob with his callous right hand, he then pushes in the heavy varnished wood door open. Sitting at the green felt roundtable are Barnabas Smithy and Sharon each holding five cards in their hand?

"Could you wait for me just once?"
"Sorry, Barnabas had said" and gave Patrick a warm smile and with his right hand brushed his curling blond hair away from his gray eyes.

Smithy put- down his cards face up, on the table showing aces and eights of the same suits then taking a drag from his cigarette, he nervously said, dead man's hand. “This is an omen." Sharon said as she turns and faces Patrick. Now moving her fingers to her lanky legs she inched up her blue skirt above her folded knees and gave Patrick a delicious smile with her apple red lips.

"Did anyone of you notice the red sky this evening?" Patrick asked the group. Sharon answered first yes, Patrick. She then tired a blue ribbon around her long wavy auburn hair making a neat ponytail. Barnabas answered next my grandfather Rabbi Beck pointed it out to me from our living- room window in Crown Heights. He said" there is a prophecy in the Old Testament that God will have his archangels, paint the sky red warning humankind of pending doom." Smithy lit another cigarette with his trembling black hand. Now looking up at Barnabas, he said. "Is this true?"
"Yes, I am afraid so." Then Barnabas puts his head down and said, "This is the biggest challenge that we have ever faced from zealot and his evil organization." They have infiltrated governments with technological abilities to wage war on humanity and it is up to us to stop them from getting the crystal spear that contains the hidden knowledge of the Angels."

"They already know that this knowledge exists, and they are looking desperately for the crystal spearhead the Archangel Michael used to defeat Satan." Thomas said.
"Can we use your magic this time,”Barnabas asked sheepishly?
Smithy takes out a red handkerchief from his back pocket and blows his nose loudly.
And Sharon maliciously moistens her red lips with her tongue in anticipation.
Throwing their cards on the green felt table, they stand and walk out of the smoke fill room. To face evil in the dangerous nights ahead of them knowing their souls are at risk and the faith of humanity is in the balance.

© Copyright 2011 thecatsmeows (thecatsmeows at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1767066-Darkness-reborn