*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1767749-Olympia
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #1767749
A part from my story. In need of suggestions! Plz read

The colossal army fell silent the moment the drums were hit. All heads now turned to the prince, who was expected to say the final words before the war. The prince raised his gaze and smiled to the ethereal panorama of his own kingdom, behind which the great sun was expected to rise a few moments from now. The sky was scarlet, and it reflected its own beauty upon the waters underneath, which splashed restlessly on the shore, as if trying to announce the arrival of the moment in their own words. All clouds had drawn away, the mist had cleared itself. This day had to be theirs.
The prince stood up. For some moments he simply looked up at the scene, taking in the air of those moments he had been waiting for years. A tear rolled down his cheeks, and he let it fall on the very spot. It just seemed that it was meant to be.
It was time for the Prince of Olimpia to speak. The curled lips of the prince opened up to deliver the words which, people knew, would be read again and again by Olympians in the pages of history.
“Revenge has been running through our veins for the last five years, our own incapability's have been boiling our blood,” the prince started at the top of his voice. His voice ringing at every corner of the kingdom. The prince continued, “but today we are fully equipped, not only with equipment, but with determination, valour and pride. Today on the first rays of the rising sun, a fallen kingdom shall also rise. Today is the day to redeem the hopes of the thousands who have been waiting for this moment!”
The crowd roared. And with this, the dawn of new light broke into the valley and spread across the face of the kingdom, as if unraveling a shroud which had kept the kingdom in the dark for five long years. The prince raised his fist to the army.
“ The time has come. Let us fight till death. Let us free this kingdom from evil intentions. Long live Olimpia!!” the Prince yelled, and the crowds enthusiasm was deafening. Some may even have shed tears. But the prince knew the job had just only begun. A war was to follow. Back came the words.
“ Long live Olimpia!”
© Copyright 2011 Parishrut Pandey (parishrut at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1767749-Olympia