*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1769597-Saved
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1769597
Do you believe we crashed here forty thousand years ago, and someone is looking for us?
Saved!


W.C. = 284

         Ignoring the elders warning about rogue Zorges, I wrap myself and go to the hot spring to bathe.  The pond water is rejuvenating.  Steam rises from where the spring comes out of the ground.  It is a sacred place where god’s egg resides; a stone that never cools, fired by the heat of Hades. 

         Soon my skin is beginning to prune and I am beet red.  Wrapping again, I go back to the village center and find no one.  In front of the Village Chief’s throne is a pitch-black cube, less than half my height.  Clothing, baskets full of fruit and food lay all about.  A sound, like bee’s emanated from the cube.  I turned around to see two Zorge warriors.  They eyed me hungrily 

         My heart pounding, I turn to flee but a bright light engulfs me and suddenly I am stark naked in a dark room.  I scramble to the darkest spot and curl up into a ball.  The two Zorge appear, also naked.  Just as confused as I, they came at me again. 

         Two bright flashes struck them motionless.  I stare at their bodies, almost a third taller than me.  Peering into the darkness for a sign of my people, my husband came running and I got up to greet him. 

         His excitement bubbles over.  “My love, the prophecies have come true, we are in heaven.”  We kiss, his lips are warm. “It’s true, they have come back for us.  This is the god ship, we are saved!”

         “It was only a story!  We didn’t come from the stars, that was a fable.”

         A strange man came forward in blue wrappings.  “Your mate is right, we have come to retrieve you!”

© Copyright 2011 Rogue Writer (bobbrug at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1769597-Saved