*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1779735-The-meeting
by afm56
Rated: E · Short Story · Relationship · #1779735
A man meets his dream girl


The sweat was beading around his forehead and slowly running down the side of his face as he made his way to the bathroom again. He splashed water on his face again and tried to relax himself. He was at the airport waiting to meet a girl for the first time, and his mind was flying a mile a minute with all the things he was worried about.  Would she like him? Would he be all that she expected? He took more deep breaths and stepped back out and headed towards the terminal, glancing yet again at the arrivals board, before settling into leaning position against the back of a bench. Agonizing minutes passed, alone with his thoughts the man felt anxious and uneasy, replaying those same questions in his head… Then as if by some sixth sense he looked up and saw a reflection in the glass wall of the hallway leading from the terminal. A small figure with golden hair was walking down the hallway and would soon be in view, he knew it was her, it had to be. He quickly glanced at the floor, preparing to look up at just the right moment for their eyes to meet. Looking up he saw her completely for the first time, she was more beautiful than he could have ever imagined. She looks at him and walks over, his heart racing and pounding and clawing to get out of his chest, they embraced awkwardly yet sweetly, exchanging hellos and pleasantries. He carries her bag and they start the long walk back to his car, talking about her flight and suppressing his urge to grab her and hold her tight until it started to feel like it was really happening and wasn’t just some cruel dream. They arrive at the car and get in, his heart racing he knows he should kiss her but he can’t find his courage…After what feels to him like an eternity, he leans over and kisses her. Her lips taste sweet and they fit perfectly against his, his heart throbs and his hands tingle. Could this be real? Just as quickly as it began the kiss was over, but neither was satiated yet so they pressed their lips together again and enjoyed each other’s mouths for as long as they could stand. His hand running through her hair, he savored every moment of their embrace;  in that moment his mind was finally quiet.
© Copyright 2011 afm56 (afm56 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1779735-The-meeting