*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1789549-Aunt-Claire
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Dark · #1789549
A creepy little short story about a nephews visit to his aunt's house.
He entered the dark house, unaware of the danger that lurked inside, except for a sharp prickling of the hairs at the base of his neck.  He had a beer in his hand, and was not at his most perceptive at the moment, having consumed a six pack before he arrived at the house.



The only reason he was there was to check on his sick aunt, who had been suffering from pneumonia the past two weeks.  For some reason, he had the distinct impression that there was no one there except himself.  He should have seen a light on in his aunt's room, since it was only a one story ranch style house, but he saw nothing, and the air was still.



He turned on the flashlight he brought with him and crept forward to his aunt's room, walking very slowly, he was getting the feeling he didn't really want to see what was in his aunt's room, though he had no rational reason to feel that way.  He walked past the dining room, the kitchen, and the one other bedroom that the small house had, at last he was standing in front of his aunt's bedroom door, and he paused, a shiver of fear going up his spine.



What the hell am I waiting for, he thought, and he quickly pushed open the bedroom door.  The door swung upon with a loud creak, and Tom jumped, in spite himself.  His aunt was clearly in the bed, but it was dark, and she wasn't moving. "Aunt Claire?"  he rasped in a whisper, are you okay.  No answer.  He crept a little closer until he was at the foot of the bed. 



Tom noticed the shape under the bed was moving after all.  Despite his fears, he thought oh hell, it's just my aunt, and pulled back the covers from her shrouded head.  Tom gasped.



"We've been waiting for you", the thing in the bed chortled.  His face went white with fear, and memories flashed in his head, memories he didn't want to remember, an image of him standing over his aunt's bed with a pillow over her face.  She was such an evil bitch, she deserved to die.  He remembered that, she was supposed to be dead, why had he come here?



"So easy to erase the memories of you insects", the figure drawled evilly as it clambered out of the bed.  "So easy".  Tom made a dash for the door, but he was too slow.  A clawed hand grabbed Tom's throat.  He screamed, and stabbed her with a knife he had hidden in his belt,.  It sunk in all the way, but it did nothing to stop the monstrosity that was his aunt.  It's face grew closer to him.  "So so easy", it let out a little giggle and then sunk its fangs deep into Tom's neck.  He let let out one more quick, blood curdling scream, which was quickly reduced to gurgling.  As his world turned to black.  He sank to the floor.



"So easy", Claire said one last time, and crawled back under the covers, where it had been for a hundred years, drawing it's victims and drawing their life force.  Then the covers grew still, and all was quiet and dark again.
© Copyright 2011 Tonywriter (tonywriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1789549-Aunt-Claire