*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1794658-Silent
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1794658
What will you do if your loved one becomes silent?
Reflect for a while. You're continuously talking to a person who's not even answering. You keep asking them things. You keep telling them things. Yet you get no response. You see them daily, lifeless almost, in a room, on a hospital bed. But the worst part is, they're here because of you, while protecting you.

Sometimes, I thought I saw a movement or two. But I knew it couldn'tt be happening. She was in a coma. I didn't even know if she was listening. I didn't even know if she knew I came to her every single day in the last six months. She never showed an ounce of expression on her face. At last, when she did not say anything, I got frustrated and left angrily, crying like a baby.

One day, a friend of mine asked me to move on as she was never going to come back. The next thing I knew, I had him pinned to the wall, trying to hurt every inch of him. Six of my friends had to hold me back to stop me.

The next day, I went to her and started.

"Hadid, you know what Alex said? He said you're never coming back. I'm going to prove him wrong. Get up."
I grabbed her shoulders and shook her violently.

"WAKE UP! GET UP! IT'S ENOUGH NOW! STOP IT!" I was shouting on the top of my voice. A nurse and a peon came and threw me out the room. I fell to my knees, grabbing my hair, tears cascading.

I visited her every day after that. Six days after the incident, as I lay in my bed, staring at the ceiling, I received a call.


I rushed to my car and sped down the road, not caring that I broke several signals on my way. All I remember was running down the corridor of the hospital barefoot--I had not even bothered to wear anything in my feet.

The doctor led me into the room. Oh my God! She was looking at me with those deep eyes. I went to her, and taking her face in my hands, couldn't stop kissing it all over.

"Thank God. Oh Allah, I love you so much," I looked up, tears running down my cheeks.

"I just slept a little too long, Sam," she looked at me. I had her hand on my lips. "Why didn't you wake me up?" She smiled. I saw the tears, and wiped them away instantly.

"No more of this. I'm never going to leave you alone again. I'm sorry, love."
"You said it a thousand times. I wish I could tell you how grateful I am to Allah Who let me protect you," she smiled again
© Copyright 2011 Fallen Angel (angel_fallen69 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1794658-Silent