*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1800883-Melanies-Secret
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1800883
Melanie likes two different guys. Who will she pick? Killian or Hunter?
      "Hey, what are you doing today?" Hunter asked.
      "I'm going to the mall with my friends." Melanie spoke through her cell phone. She looked around her room. She had a huge vanity set in the corner of her room and looked at the sky blue walls. Her bed had white sheets, making it look like a cloud amoung the sky.
      Her mom opened her door.
      "Your friends are here. I'm driving you to the mall." Her mom said
      Melanie's friends, Alia and Charlie walked into her room.
      "Can't wait to go to the mall! And then the beach afterwards!" Melanie squealed.
      "Oh, I know! Charlie isn't really talking these days. She did break up with her boyfriend though..." Alia said, looking around Melanie's room.
      Melanie looked at Charlie and she just nodded.
      "Oh, yeah, we are meeting Killian at the mall. He hasn't met you yet. He says he's dying to meet you though." Alia said. Charlie laughed.
    "What does he look like?" Melanie asked. She felt a shiver. I hope they know I'm with Hunter... Thought Melanie
    "He has really cute brown hair and really bright blue eyes." Charlie explained. I don't get it...I know he's probably cute...but I'm with Hunter... Melanie thought.
    "Come on girls, let's get going." Her mom said, poking her head to the door.
    "Alright." They shuffled into the car and buckled their seat belts. Uh oh...here we come Killian Melanie thought, pleading that he didn't like her and she didn't like him.
    "There you are. There's the mall. Out you go!" Melanie's mom shooed them out of the car. They ran into the mall. Killian was sitting there.
    "Hi, Charlie and Alia...who's this?" He asked, indicating Melanie.
    "This is Melanie. We wanted to introduce you guys, I mean, we are going to the beach." Alia answered.
    "Oh, okay." He smiled at Melanie. Ugh, he's kind of cute! Melanie thought.
    "Mel, how much money did you bring?" Asked Charlie.
    "100$. I would've brought more but my mom kept nagging me. So I didn't." Melanie told them.
    "Lucky, I get two dollars a week." Killian joked.
    Melanie rolled her eyes. She saw a dress.
    "Whoa, that's cute! And it's 20$! I'm going to get it." Melanie responded to the dress.
    She took the yellow and white striped dress and set it in the cart. Alia smiled and shook her head.
    Melanie laughed. She looked around. Her gaze locked on Killian. His hair hung to almost his shoulders...
    Stop! You're with Hunter! If you want to be with Killian, break up with Hunter! Her mind screamed at her.
    "Melanie...are you okay?" Asked Killian.
    "Huh? Oh yeah, I'm okay. Matter of fact I'm more than okay." Melanie said. Her friends stared at her.
    Melanie shrugged and paid for her clothes and they all climbed into Killian's car. Melanie got the front.
    *********************************************************************************************************************************

    "The beach! We are here!" Melanie squealed. YES! Melanie thhought.
    "Me and Charlie will go over there." Alia pointed to the other side of the beach.
    "O-okay." Melanie shot them a look and Alia smiled weakly.
    As Alia and Charlie disappeared up and down the hills of the beach. Killian randomly poked Melanie.
    "What the heck? What was that for?" She asked, poking him back.
    "I dunno..." He stared into her eyes. She stared back. Those deep blue eyes....
    He leaned in and kissed her. Melanie stood there in shock. She pulled back abruptly. Her eyes flared with anger.
    "What are you doing? Don't you know I have a boyfriend!" Melanie snarled.
    "I'm sorry...I didn't know." He tried to explain, putting his hands up as if surrendering to the cops. Melanie rolled her eyes and stomped towards the parking lot. What was that? You idiot...your with Hunter! Stop thinking about Killian and his bright blue eyes... Melanie thought. She rolled her eyes. Killian's face kept flashing in her eyes. Come on Melanie...your better than this! You have a boyfriend! Melanie tried to picture Hunter and her in twenty years...but Hunter kept turning into Killian.
      "Melanie, wait!" Killian came up behind her.
      "What could you possibly want?" Melanie growled.
      "I'm sorry! I didn't know you had a boyfriend!" Killian pleaded.
      Melanie turned, "Why didn't Alia or Charlie tell you?" 
      "I don't know, but if you want a ride home, you don't have to sit in the front." He replied.
      Melanie turned away and walked down towards the street.
      "Come on, I'm telling you, I didn't know!" Killian explained.
      "Oh, yeah? Well I'm leaving! Good-bye!" Melanie started walking down the street. She sat down on the bench and moaned.
      She saw a familiar car stop in front of her. The front passenger side window rolled down. It was Charlie. She got up off of the bench and then went to the back of the car and got in.
      "What's wrong, Melanie?" Asked Alia.
      "Nothing." Melanie hissed. She turned to look out the window. Why did I let that happen? She thought.
      Melanie looked around the small car. She didn't see much. She longed to see Killian, but refused to look forward.
      Melanie just continued looking out the window.
      ************************************************************************************************************
      Melanie jumped out of the car and in her doorway. She sighed and went into her sky blue room. Why, why? Melanie growled into her mind.
      "How could I let him kiss me?" Melanie asked herself.
      Melanie went over to her vanity set and opened the side drawer. She unrevealed mascara and eye shadow. She applied the grey mascara and white eye shadow. She suddenly snapped into reality. Why was she applying the stuff she was thinking about asking Killian to lunch. She pulled out her cell phone.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************
      "Mom, I'm going to lunch with Charlie" Melanie lied.
      "Okay, see you later!" She called. Melanie walked out towards Killian's car; suddenly breathing in deeply. Her yellow and white dress matched her yellow nails. Her blonde hair blew in the wind. Killian's eyes were wowed.
      Her eyes looked up.
      "Is this too much for lunch?"  Melanie asked.
      "No, of course not." Killian told her.
      She got into the passenger seat and asked,
      "Where are we going?" Melanie asked.
      "A picnic." He replied. Melanie shrugged. Okay...be calm...he wont try to kiss you... Melanie thought. She sighed.
      ********************************************************************************************************************************************
© Copyright 2011 Leesh_Illiana101 (leesh_illiana4 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1800883-Melanies-Secret