*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1811951-Them-Bones-Genesis
by Pip
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Horror/Scary · #1811951
A preface of the Zombie book I am working on.
It was shortly after Christmas, 2012 when the shit hit the fan for us. The virus seemed to have come from out of nowhere for those who didn't keep up with the news of the world. Which was most of the population. Shaun Ashley is one of the "lucky ones" that has survived these hellish ten years after the awakening.
Most people thought it was all a big hoax. The first footage, released via Youtube under the screen name Badash, depicted a man with a small bite wound on his left forearm. In the first section of the video, the man was complaining of a severe headache and minor muscle cramps. The second section displayed the same man rambling incoherently and seemingly writhing in pain. In the third section, shot in night vision, the man seemed to suddenly fall asleep , or pass out from shock of the pain we was enduring. That is, until he attacked the camera man who promptly buried a hatchet into his attacker's frontal lobe just off-screen. The maniac fell to his knees, and the screen went blank.
Most people who saw the video after the awakening began thought the man was patient zero of the Nazareth virus. He wasn't. Only Shaun knew who the real patient zero was, and he had kept this to himself for a decade. Now, after battling his way out of his small town home in Mississippi, he has made his way to Nevada to an abandoned U.S. military quarantine zone. Upon reaching the QZ, he found a small colony being established by more survivors, as they struggle to keep the walking dead out and sanity in, the colony begins to unravel.
© Copyright 2011 Pip (hapkidopip at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1811951-Them-Bones-Genesis