*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1814305-Tablet-Magick
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1814305
Magick unleashes an evil banished since before man first walked the earth.
Please read no further if you are easily offended. Some knowledge is said to be better left untouched and kept far away from mind and soul. For those of you who are curious, beware.



This is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to real people or events is purely coincidental. Thank you.







         “You know John and Marie are having sex in the basement, right?” Mark said, twirling his fingers in Jenny’s long, straight, red hair.

         “Good try, Mark!” Jenny said, nearly to the point of giving in to Marks advances. “Don’t even think about sex with me. You know I am a one guy sort of girl.”

         “Ya, but Harry is dead. He died nearly two years ago!”

         “I know. It’s just hard for me...”

         “You are telling me.” Which got him a smack on the arm, hard. Good things are worth waiting for, even two years and more. Rubbing his arm, Mark said, “You know I love you?”

         Ignoring him, Jenny stood up from the couch she was sitting on. A poof of dust rose into the air from the couch and thickened in the air causing Jenny to break into a sneezing fit. “Man, we have to get this place cleaned up! Why don’t you get the generator running so we can vacuum the couch and rugs?” Jenny watched Mark leave the room, and then proceeded to work on cleaning the place up. About once a month Mark, Jenny, John, and Marie would spend a long weekend staying at the Bison mansion, as they called it. The road to get to the house had washed out and the Bison Mansion had been abandoned for about ten years. The previous owner, Ben Stacks, disappeared at the same time as the floods and was assumed to be dead. What began as a weekend bone hunting mission then turned into a vacation retreat. They still spent some time combing the countryside in search for the remains of Ben Stacks, but nothing but a shoe was ever found. The property and its house eventually ended up in Marks name and he offered to his friends as a vacation retreat. The only way to and from the house was using a motorcycle pulling a small trailer for supplies, so their vacation weekends became work weekends as they fixed up and painted the house. It was a joke that time traveled faster in the house in between visits because of the amount of dust which covered everything.

         Mark found a tablet with hundreds of wooden blocks about the size of a penny. Some of the blocks had more than one letter engraved on it. The blocks were each colored into one of five colors: yellow, blue, red, green, and black. The tablet where the lettered blocks fit into was white. For some years it had been a hobby of his to research this tablet and uncover the purpose of it. This tablet was modeled after another tablet created around the late 16th century, which was said to be given to Dr. John Dee and Edward Kelly by an angel. Its purpose then was uncertain, but now it became a bit clearer. The tablet by itself was meaningless, but, by the power of belief, it became empowered to communicate with angels and demons. At least, that is what a lot of people believed.

         After a lot of time studying the Enochian System of Magic as laid out by many folk such as: Israel Regardie, Aliester Crowley, and many more, Mark realized the so called experts were nuts in the head, but there was usually a shade of truth to what they were writing. Mark’s hobby had become something more of an obsession. He realized, some aspects of practicing magic meant inviting paranoia and certainly dementia. Most of what has been written on the subject was purely fantastical, and hardly worth reading. People often had to have some say in the matter of what they believed magic to be and gave barely a thought as to what affect it might have on the uninitiated. This was funny too cause Mark was in no way initiated. Certain groups certainly looked inviting but something always held him back. He knew what it was; he had to know more before committing to any group. The more studying he did, the more he was prone toward belief. Certain experiments like ‘Bringing Down the Veil’ left him more aware of how little he really knew. It was like there was a translucent, dark curtain he could pull over his eyes and he could feel these creatures drawn toward him, sharing his energy. It wasn’t far from the pleasure of sex at the point of orgasm, but it wasn’t exactly that either.

         The Enochian tablet was normally set apart into four sections and colored in association to an element. Each section had 12 letter tiles across by 13 tiles down. Those four sections were united by a black cross. The tablet found in Ben Stacks house contained all these letters and a mount painted white. They were all in a jumble but Mark has been working on putting the tablet back into some sort of shape, perhaps the shape it was meant to be in. It all finally made a sort of sense. The letters were meant to be moved to some degree. In fact, whole sections were meant to fold in on each other and each of the four colors would mingle in a square that was colored by four different colors: yellow, blue, red, and green. Green didn’t seem the right color for the Earth element from all of his research that he came up with, but it fit with use what works. This tablet was effectively the same for magic as the periodic table of elements was to science. In fact, there was more relationship to the two tables than Mark would ever likely discover without help. Some things even angels don’t know.

         Once the sections were integrated, Mark said they were in their command form. Elements which would normally cancel each other out would then work together. It was said that all the angels and all the demons could be named from the letters found in this tablet. This wasn’t far from the truth. It seemed to Mark that Ben Stacks was into some very heavy stuff. Tonight, Mark and his gang were planning to finish this tablet and properly make it into a talisman by imbuing a bit of their energy into the tablet. It took a lot to convince the other members but they too have become believers in for reasons of their own. Something about the energies that crossed near this house made magic more believable.

         The hardest task to convince the group was necessary was making them stand naked in the sun room while their energies were purified. A lot of purifying was needed. Marie had bite marks on her breasts and it looked as if the insides of her thighs were chafed. John’s penis was swollen and red from the after effects of being roughly used and claw marks across his back. There wasn’t any use hiding that they recently had sex. To some, this might have posed a problem, but to Mark they had an afterglow which brought something to the ritual which might not have come otherwise. Jenny, of course, was the most uncomfortable being nude. Her true comfort was in knowing it was going to be very brief, then she would be able to dawn her robe.


         Once the cleansing was finished, Mark positioned them around the room. They were there to draw the energies as Mark called them. It was Marks job to read the newly made god names. The names were spoken it just such a way that they were said to be vibrated. Something was happening as the names were called. The dark veil was a light which pierced and hurt the eye. The ritual couldn’t be stopped once started and that was accepted. The creatures which appeared and howled an earth shaking cry quickly put an end to any hopes of completing the ritual. Jenny ran to John and Marie with Mark leaping just behind. All would have been lost if it weren’t for another figure stepping from the light and seeming to block the nightmares from gathering up the group. A sort of darkness fell and the group was noticeably someplace different.

         “Wheeere, where are we?” John asked Mark. Mark merely shrugged and looked away, noticing the figure of a man crouched in the corner of the stone room. The room was large and dank with a noticeable lack of any color, much like the man in the corner. For certain, this was nothing like the sun room they were just in.

         “Hello?” Mark asked of the shadowed-man.

         “You have no idea what you have done!” The voice rumbled across the stones and echoed back with a vengeance. “You unleashed them back upon the earth and you can never go back. (sigh) Already, it is too late. Your world is certainly lost and now I can't allow them to get you too. You may be the only pure template for mankind's survival.”

         Nothing would make sense for a long, long time.
© Copyright 2011 Jimminycritic (jimminycritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1814305-Tablet-Magick