*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1816865-Yeah
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Poetry · Emotional · #1816865
A poem I just sat down and typed after having a fight with my mom.
Yeah so I’m not perfect
But who is?
Yeah your guilt trips, they affect me
But what’s new?
Yeah here we go again throwing up our hands and slamming the doors
But its doesn’t matter because neither one of us is right
Yeah now I’m too angry to lie down in bed
But now it’s close enough to morning so I guess I will just stay up
Yeah I had the perfect day, with a really special person doing some new and exciting things, trying to save each moment in my head and not let it slip past like so many have.
But yet I come home to this mess, to this stress, and I want time to just speed up and move me on along to when I’m old enough to strike out on my own, when God, my boss and myself are the only ones I have to worry about answering to…not you.
Yeah maybe you just don’t like it when I’m right and you’re wrong because believe it or not, you can’t be right all the time.
But you never admit your fault, you keep revisiting the problem and around and around in this circle we move
Yeah maybe I just want a break, maybe the world doesn’t revolve around you
Maybe we all have battles of our own, little ones that are fought in the battlefields of school hallways, pool decks, and back seats of BMW’s.
Maybe I’m just trying to strike this balance of the people I please, the things I put my time into and what’s going to matter in the hereafter.
Yeah maybe you didn’t notice but your not making this search for a balance any easier, at all.
But then again it’s not your life, it’s mine.
..Mine and God’s, so please, just let me be.
© Copyright 2011 swimchick22 (alhwriting95 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1816865-Yeah