*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1829944-The-day-she-got-on-the-train
by Reagan
Rated: · Other · Other · #1829944
A story about a mother leaving and never returning
“I hate you!” she screamed, “You’re nothing but a burden in my life. All you do is cause trouble and frustration everyday! I wish you would just disappear!”
Those were the last words Rhea ever said to her mother. They had gotten into an argument right before her mother was supposed to leave for Paris. Rhea had asked if she could go to Spain that coming summer with a group of friends and her mother had said no. This had sparked a fight that lasted for days, ending on a sour note. Rhea had always been close to her mother until she decided she was going to Paris. It wasn’t because her mother was going to be gone, Rhea was upset because her mother wouldn’t tell her why she was going. As the train sped off that chilly November day, Rhea was still screaming at her mother as she rode away. Tears were streaming down her mothers face as she sat staring out the window. She felt the same as the dark gray clouds up above; always there but never wanted. Her mother knew she might not be here much longer. The only reason she was going to Paris was to receive treatment for cancer. She was in stage four so her chances didn’t look good. As she rode in the train, she closed her eyes and said a short prayer, asking God to forgive her for everything she had done and to watch over her daughter. Rhea was torn between being furious and slipping into somberness. If only she had known that she would never see her mother again, maybe things would have ended differently. Her mother was gone for 4 months. In those 4 months, Rhea had thought a lot about her life and the things she had done. She had made up her mind to make things right with her mother. Too bad she would never get the chance. On the day her mother was supposed to come home, Rhea received a letter saying that her mother wouldn’t be coming home. Rhea collapsed within herself. Her body filled with sadness and tears as she had to make all the preparations for the funeral. She hated herself for the things she had said to her mother before she left, and she cursed the day that her mother got onto the train.
© Copyright 2011 Reagan (rtant15 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1829944-The-day-she-got-on-the-train