*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1834061-Wandering-Star
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Spiritual · #1834061
Short poem about a wandering soul.
Wandering star, vacant heart. Lost amongst a sea of shadows.
Whisper to the world below that the moon has gone to sleep.
The sun is high and scatters dust all around your feet.

The hunger rises in your soul, you have always wanted so much more.
The wind is soundless against your skin; the shattered dream glimpses you from within.

Wandering star, vacant heart.
This great vast world has set you apart.
Cast aside your bitter speech, your lack of understanding, lost knowledge, never expanding.
Everything once lay at your small feet, closed doors, small heart, fallen short of all you are.
Weary tears fall on closed eyes, and the shadows do not wish to receive you.
Best to be cut down so fast, when one more step would have taken things too far.
All but forgotten now was the din from your heart, your wordless actions now set you apart.
Cast off these doubts and rise from the dust.
Set forth great star to a new world full of wonder.

Wandering star,
Cherished heart.
Full moon rising.
© Copyright 2011 Ambermoon (heka11 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1834061-Wandering-Star