*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1834507-ONE-CHRISTMAS-EVE-AFTERNOON
Rated: E · Short Story · Holiday · #1834507
A DOWN SYNDROME 8 YEAR OLD TELLING A STORY OF COURAGE. ON CHRISTMAS EVE

ONE CHRISTMAS EVE AFTERNOON




One Christmas Eve night A bunch of sick kids were all in a big hospital room. My dad use to come every Christmas Eve to tell the Christmas story. Not the one with Ralph double dog daring and some sexy leg in the window. However, the story of baby Jesus and how a savor was born.
However, since my dad couldn’t do it this year, I decided to tell the Christmas story and tell about another miracle that happened to me.
I was a little nervous, but I got up there any ways
Hi. My name is Billy, and I am 8 years old, and I have Down syndrome.
Everyone got really quiet, and I started to read the Christmas story.
After the reading was done, everyone was clapping, and I said hey wait.
I have another story. It got really quiet again, and I began to speak.

Early, one Christmas Eve afternoon, my family and I were driving to
Church; Snow was coming down hard, to where my dad couldn’t see.
The wind was blowing so hard, the car was moving. It shook my pencil out of my hand. As I bent down to grab it, I heard a really loud sound.
The car was spinning around. I began to panic. I started hitting my head getting very upset, screaming and yelling for my mom and dad.
The car stopped. It was silent. I could hear nothing; I looked around I saw my dad head against the driver's wheel and my mom hanging out of the window. I couldn’t move I couldn’t speak. I was just sitting there. Then I shook. I heard the wind and then a train. I reached up and tried to wake up my mom, but she didn’t move she didn’t speak. I began to cry, nudging at my dad. He didn’t move or speak either.
After a little time, I heard a voice, I stopped crying to hear, oh it was my dad. It was my dad, dad dad are you ok. Yes son I’m ok. He lifted his head it was bleeding. He reached over to my mom and felt her neck, and he said she was still alive. However, she won’t wake up daddy. I know son we have to get some help.
Can you reach for my cell phone Billy? Yes, I said I jumped over the seat to reach for the cell phone, its broke dad. It was in two different pieces.
My dad began to fight to get out of the seat, but his legs were stuck. I heard him yell. I need to get out of this seat lord, help me.
It was then; I realized I had to be a man. I had to find help. It’s so snowy; I can’t see. However, I have to get help. So I got out of the car, my dad said, where do you think, you’re going? I got to be a man; I have to get help. Billy no, you can’t even see. Dad you told me once, that just because I have a disability doesn’t mean I am not smart, strong, and I can do anything; I want to do. I will be back dad. Be careful Billy.
Go straight the church should be ahead. So as I picked up my hat put it back on, I said let’s roll. Then boom I fell in the snow; I wonder if superman had this problem. I heard my dad say are you ok Billy, yea dad I fell in the snow; the wind knocked me over. Dad tried not to giggle it hurt to laugh. So off I went.
Man this church seems far. The wind on my face and trying not to fall, the snow is really high, but Billy continued on. He saw no one on the road no houses anything. However, farm land, oh there’s a cow, moo said Billy. I wish cows could talk, maybe they could help me. I wonder what cows would say if they could talk? However, I just did what dad said go straight.
God please help me, I have to stop crying. I have to help my mom and dad.
i heard a noise.
I hear barking noise; a dog, he came up to me, and I pet him. I said you have a bell on you, and you glow, it’s a glow light. The dog barked again.
So I followed him and he stopped so I could catch up, this went on for a while. It was like he was guiding me. Ohhh I hear it, do you hear it boy? Bells the church is getting close.
As we finally got to the church the dog ran ahead barking over and over again The Christmas Eve afternoon church service was going on.
Someone came out to see what the dog was barking at.
Please sir, I need help. Billy is that you, yes sir; my parent’s car is messed up, and I need help. The man called for police, and ambulance and Billy described where there were at.
Well, that’s my other Christmas story.
So tonight I learned I could do anything like my dad said, I prayed, and it happened. I got help, like I said I would. My dad and mom are both ok; they have bandages all over. My dad looks kind of funny his nose all bandaged up.
So they asked if I read the Christmas story to you kids tonight.
And I wanted to you to know; that you can do anything, no matter how sick you are or disability you have.

Merry Christmas to everyone
© Copyright 2011 bd10324 (bd10324 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1834507-ONE-CHRISTMAS-EVE-AFTERNOON