*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1849613-Kimberly
Rated: · Other · Other · #1849613
Kimberly is mining, what could happen.
Ashley had just woken up and rubbed the sleep out of her eyes as she got out of her sleeping bag to greet the dawn of a new day. She stepped outside her tent and watched the sun rising over the eastern moutain range. She was so happy her father had let come along on his archeology trip. Here she was a girl only 12 years old along with her older cousin Kimberly on a quest to find some dinosaur bones.

"Hey, Kimberly," Ashley called, "come on out and see this gorgeous sunrise."

She could hear Kimber's usual morning grumbles as she struggled to wake up, then she came out of her tent, yawning and rubbing her eyes.

"Isn't it great?"Ashley said as she turned back toward the sunrise, "The way the sun comes up makes it look like the sun is sitting right on top of the mountain. Don't you think?"

When Kimber didn't reply Ashley looked back and saw why. Kimber had her finger under her nose, her eyes were half shut and she was taking big sniffs. "Better head for cover,Ash." She said, This is gonna be a big one."

Ashley took a few steps back, know how big her cousin's sneezes could be.

Just then Kimber's eyes shut, her mouth hung wide open as she stood helplessly before her own sneeze. "Huuuuuuuuuh, HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH, HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" The sheer force blew Ashley's hair back.

Ashley went over to give her a tissue, but Kimberly held her hand out for Ashley to keep away, as she had another sneeze coming, bigger than the first.

Huuuuuuuuuuuuh, HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH-CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" This was much stronger and wetter. Ashley was blown ten feet away.

Ashley looked to see if it was safe as Kimber nodded that she was done.

"Bless you, "Ashley said, handing Kimber the tissue, "With your sneezes I'll bet you wake up your whole college dorm."

"Yeah, I sometimes do." Kimber said as she blew her nose.

Later that morning, after having breakfast, the two of them joined Ashley's father's team and went to the foothills to where it was expected to find dino bones.
They digged and searched for a long time with no luck, until one of the members called the others over to where he was. He said how he accidently came across a huge cave

Ashley's father looked inside the mouth of the cave, "Yes, I believe we'll find the very fossils we're looking for in there,"

"Great," Ashley said, "let's get started."

But her father stopped her, "Sorry, Ashley, but you aren't experianced enough to go into caves. Besides it's getting late, we should get back to camp and continue tommorow."

Ashley groaned as she went back to camp.

That night Ashley tossed and turned in her sleeping bag unable to fall asleep. She then tapped Kimber to find that she too was awake.

"Can't sleep either, huh?" Kimber said.

"No." Then Ashley had an idea, "Hey, how about if we go to the cave by ourselves right now. We could find some dino bones before anyone else does."

"Gee, I don't know." Kimber said.

"C'mon," said Ashley, "if we found them my dad would take back what he said before and we'd be famous."

Kimber thought about it, then agreed. The took some flashlights and water and headed for the cave.

Soon they were inside the cave. It looked spooky at night, but that didn't stop them.

Come on, let's get started." Ashley said loudly. But after that the started to shake and rumble as dirt and little rocks fell from the ceiling.

"We'd better keep our voices down, "Kimber whispered, "it seems the slightest noise could cause a cave in."

Ashley nodded in agreement as the began searching.

Kimber started by brushing some dirt of a stalatite, but then she gasped and jumped back as some of the dirt had gotten in her nose. She could feel it deep inside as it teased and tickled her nose She stood still, frozen, afraid to move fearing that it might trigger a sneeze.

"A, A, Ashley...." she quietly called, but the vibration from her voice had set the sneeze into motion.

When Ashley turned to look she knew what was about to happen as Kimber's mouth hung wide open and she made her pre-sneeze sounds. "Huuuu, Huuuuuuu...."

"No , Kimber. Don't do it." Ashley said.

Kimber jammed her finger under her nose, then smiled in relief.

Ashley was relieved, but then Kimber started up again, "Huuuuuuu, Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..."

She quickly pinced her nose and tried to form a mental block to keep from sneezing.

Ashley crossed her fingers and looked at her anxiously, begging her not to sneeze.

Kimber rubbed her nose with her fingers and tried to force the sneeze away. Then nodded that she was alright.

Ashley rubbed the sweat from her forehead and went back to work when Kimber gave a strong and mighty, " HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" The force of which blew herself against the cave wall.

Her sneeze echoed thru out the cave and instantly there was a rockslide. Both girls looked in horror as a huge group of rocks came crashing down and sealed off the entrance to the cave. Neither of the girls were hurt, but they were also trapped inside.

"Oh no." Ashley said. She turned to Kimber to see that her eyes were squinted shut and her mouth hung open as another big sneeze was coming.

"Huuuuuuuu, HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH, HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMPH!"

Kimber's sneeze was stopped as Ashley put her finger under Kimber's nose.

"Thanks." Kimber whispered.

Both girls looked at there prediciment. Obviously they weren't going out the way they came in, so all they could do was go deeper into the cave and hope there was another way out.

Ashley began to walk away when Kimber grabbed her arm. "No, don't take your finger away. I can still feel my sneeze waiting to come out. If you do I'll just finish sneezing."

"Ok, then we'll have to stay like this for a while." Ashley said. "Let's go."

Ashley lead the way and Kimber followed. Ashley had to raise her arm up and Kimber had to bend over a little. It was an awalkward way tp walk, but it was the only way.

They followed the cave deeper and deeper. Kimber could feel her sneeze playing around in the back of her nose just looking for the chance to come out. The tickle was driving her crazy, but she didn't dare let herself sneeze or they could both be crushed.

Ten minutes later they were still walking when Kimber stopped. The tickle in her nose was too much to bare.

"Ooooooooh, it's no use, Ashley. It won't go away, I have to sneeze."

Kimber took Ashley's finger off her nose and let her sneeze come forth. "Huuuuuuuuu, HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMPH."

Ashley quickly put her finger back under Kimber's nose. "Are you crazy? You want to get us killed?"

"I can't help it." Kimber said, "I just gotta."

Again she removed Ashley's finger and her sneeze came foward, "HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Again her sneeze echoed thru th cave and cause another rockslide, but this time to they're advantage. The cave wall started to crack open and another opening to the cave appeared, but this one was too small for them to get thru. Ashley went to look and could see that there campsite was right outside.

"Kimber. sneeze again."said Ashley. "It might make the opening wider."

"Sorry,' said Kimber, "but that was my last one."

Ashley knew she had to get Kimber to sneeze again, but how? She looked thru her backpack and found a book of matches used to make campfires with. She knew this would do it.

Ashley inserted one of the matches into Kimber's nose and wriggled it around. Almost instantly Kimber's nostrals flared and she gave a loud, "HUUUUUUUUUUUUU, HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Kimberly sneezed like a giantess and the sheer force blasted through the entrance like a nuke.
Both girls got thier things and headed back to camp, "Let's not tell your dad about this, okay?" Kimber said.

"Right," Ashley said, "and next time let's bring a nose clip for you.!
© Copyright 2012 Hurricane Cara (sneezeygirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1849613-Kimberly