*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1850446-Mom
by Alisha
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1850446
we often overlook the role of our parents,but a void is left when we loose either of them.
Have you ever considered living without one or both of your parents.. It might SOUND cool...but definitely its not actually so cool be in the real situation... I lost my mom... Two years ago...

I haven't been the really nice kind of kid...yeah I have had my share of conflicts and fights with mamma... You known, what? I realised that we all used to take each other for granted... Never really thought how it would be without any one of us...I mean, come on!...who thinks about it?

so I never did either... Almost a year before she passed I had just come to my new college...new hostel... new freedom... and as I ws the oldest I ws the first kid to leave the house... ans as you know MOMs... she ws also very protective about me.. calling me up two times a day to make sure I am alright... I've had my food... gone to the college.. asking me where I am..

You know It kind of gets a lil irritating at times... I would continously tell her "mamma! I am a big girl now...come on...stop trying to watch over me" and she'd realise I was right...nd she'll all be like " yeah , yeah!! I know...u want freedom, but I am a mother... I cant help it..."

and I knew she ws right on her place and I on mine... she was the person who spoiled me... with her pampering nature...love..care... she never let me loose my innocence... And when she left... INNOCENCE.. was all that i ws left with...

I have tried to find many surrogates after she is gone... even when I know deep inside my heart I'll never find one who could stand in her position for even one tiny bit... I miss her... I miss her phone calls that I used to get irritated to... I miss her outspoken nature due to which earlier I used to feel embarresed about..wen she'd talk about my childhood and stuff... I miss her wen I fall sick...

everyday I have come back to a home where she'd be standing at the door...waiting for me... and I'd be all fussy about it.. that I am not a kid any more... I can take care of myself.. now when I am 20... I return home every six months and I miss her at the door... I miss the meticulously cleaned house... steaming hot served food... And her remark "haven't you been eating in college?? you look thin..."

I miss you... everyday..every hour...every phone call... I miss you, mamma...
© Copyright 2012 Alisha (shonabhuvi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1850446-Mom