*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1851125-The-Forbidden-Lovers
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Comedy · #1851125
2 kids fall in love with each other and fate stops the girl's dad from keeping them apart.
         The first time I had ever met Kiina was on my birthday.  I had invited all of my friends and still had one spot left.  To fix this, I told my best friend, Emma, to bring one of her own friends.  We were all in 11th grade and Kiina had only been at school for two days total, hence the reason I didn’t know who he was.  When I went to answer the door, I found that all of my friends were there at once.  The last one to come in was a boy about as tall as me with brown hair that hung below his shoulder line.  He had green eyes and tan skin and wore a blue T-shirt with khakis.  Slung on his shoulder was a small, black backpack.  He hesitated to come in, knowing that he was a stranger to the hostess.  “Did Emma bring you?” I asked in a calm voice.  “Yes ma’am.” He replied, probably mistaking me for my mother.  “Well then come in, young man.  Are you afraid I would disapprove?” I joked.  He looked at me, seeing the smile peeking at the corner of my mouth and I could practically see the lights go on inside his head.  “Oh, you’re Mickayla. I’m so sorry.” he said, blushing bright pink from embarrassment.  “Why would you possibly have to be sorry about the simple mistake?” We laughed together and then I invited him in again, telling my mom that everyone was here.  She immediately pulled out the first activity, backyard foot races.  Once we had finished eating cake, we got started on the presents. Kiina was the last to go. He pulled out a large, stuffed leopard. The coolest part, I’d designed it in a painting. There wasn’t a spot out of place. The painting and the animal were identical. I spent about another half-hour clarifying how I had designed it as well as 89% of my other possessions.

         He spent the night at my house but when we went to school the next day he got hit at recess. He was bleeding slightly from the blow and went to see the nurse. When he came to Seminar he had a huge box of goodies in his arms. Amongst the sweets were pixie sticks, popsicles, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and fruit. The teacher took a bunch of grapes and Kiina shared the candy, reserving most of the pixie sticks for himself. I took the orange popsicles. The next hour or so was spent getting hyper on all of that sugar. We had to go out to the redtop for the rest of the period. It was even better the next day. It was Saturday and I invited Kiina to come shopping at the Exchange. We went to the area for perfumes and while he smelled a certain lily perfume I sprayed him in the back of the head with a strong Axe sample. I put the sampler back and started to walk down the aisle when he sprayed me with an even stronger, vanilla scented spray-on deodorant. I turned to find him placing a bottle on one of the shelves. A humming noise combed through my head. I spotted an attendant approaching us and shot Kiina a fleeting glance. “Ready?” “Ready.” The attendant stopped in front of us. “What are you two doing and what is that pungent odor?” “Oh we were just sampling these lovely aromas ma’am.” She turned to leave and then we sprayed her with tangerine perfume and an Axe called ‘The Chic Magnet’”. Weird, right? We giggled and put back the bottles, heading for the body-wash and shampoo. As soon as we got there I grabbed a bottle of “Diamond Touch” and smelled the contents. Suddenly I felt a cold, gooey substance on my back and smelled kiwis. I turned around to find Kiina squirting me all over with Kiwi shampoo. I smiled and stepped closer, wrapping my arms around his neck to keep him from backing up. I emptied the bottle of “Diamond Touch” body-wash into the hood of the jacket he was wearing and tossed it aside. As I stepped away, I pulled the hood over and onto his head. Pretty soon all I saw was a hooded boy dripping in pink soap. We played around for a while and then I got hungry. It was about dinnertime anyway. “Mickayla, let’s go to the McDonald’s where my dad works. He said that I dine free and so does any one person I bring with me.” We walked in and already people were spreading out to give us a wide berth. They were probably disgusted by the clash of odors and the gooey kids. So we got our food and ate outside.

         The next day I was surprised to get a visit from Kiina and his dad. They wanted to take me to a candy shop for a quick, sweet gift. I asked my dad and got in their car when he agreed. We were there within minutes. “You can each pick ONE thing.”Kiina’s dad, Almighty, told us both. While I looked at chocolate he walked to the PURE sugar aisles. As I scanned the shelves, I spotted a large tube waving in the air a few aisles down. I walked over to where it was and saw a very full Kiina who was sprawled on the ground and coated in blue pixie stick powder. Almighty walked over and I could see he was a little annoyed. “Son, I said you could TRY one thing.” “No, you said we could PICK one thing dad.” “I’m with Kiina on this one Mr. Hail. You did not say ‘try’ at all. You said ‘pick’.” He walked off and I helped Kiina to his feet. “Are you crazy or something? That pixie stick is as wide as your head and as tall as your dad who is, by the way, almost 6 feet.” Suddenly I noticed how quiet the store was. “Where is everyone?” I asked to nobody in particular. Click The sound of a door locking caught my ear. Kiina straightened and looked directly at the entrance to the shop. “Dad, why are you locking us in here with all this candy?” He whined. I gawked at the idea. “I think he is challenging us to eat all of it.” I said. “No way. Really?” “Yep. So… I call the chocolate aisle!” “I call the Pixie sticks!”
         Within 2 hours the store and the back rooms had been totally searched and all the sweets were gone. “Ugh. I’m going to hurl.” I complained. “Me too.” He said. Click The door unlocked and I got up, hauling Kiina to his feet as well. “My dad has a remedy for these awful stomach aches.” I announced. I was about to walk ahead when he yanked me around to face him and his lips were suddenly crushing down on mine. They were as smooth as wet silk and as addicting as cocaine. As suddenly as he had kissed me he pulled away, leaving a feeling of loss and longing and even more, love, in my head and heart. I blushed a deep vermillion and turned away to hide both my embarrassment and the tears that were welling up in my eyes from the screaming hole of longing inside me. We went back to my house and my dad fixed us each a large bottle of his "liquid magic" as I used to call it. That night my dad came in and talked to me for a while. When he realized what had happened that day he grew furious and the last thing I remember was a sharp pain like a knife in my brain and shoulder. Everything was a little fuzzy when I got up for school the next day. I was really tired and my head hurt really bad. I couldn't remember any of the events from the previous three days and I could not recall where I had gotten the large stuffed leopard. All I could feel other than the pain were the feelings of loss, longing, addiction and love.

         I was allowed to stay home and my mom said that I could call her or anyone I wanted, whenever I wanted. So I lay in bed and scrolled through the list of contacts. When I saw the name "Kiina Hail" I was slightly puzzled. I mulled over my options and decided to call him. He answered on the first ring and his voice was like that of a sea god whispering in my ear. When he came over after school he told me about all that had happened and when I didn’t believe him he asked me one question. “Do you trust me?” I nodded. Suddenly his lips were crushing against mine again like a wave against a rock; silky, addicting and backed with all of the memories. When he tried to pull away I followed so that I was blatantly trying to stay with him. We talked to my dad and Kiina proposed to me when we had finished. My dad gave up when he realized that fate would bring us back together after any attempts he made to separate us. We got married on the beach of Hawaii and had a son and a daughter.
© Copyright 2012 Hayden Angela Nui (haydennui at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1851125-The-Forbidden-Lovers