*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1864616-Universal-Love
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Poetry · Experience · #1864616
To my soul mate.
I don't speak 'I love you' so that when you die, I can still breath.
I don't even know you, my sweet soulmate.
There is no escape from how it goes; universal elements and all. You and I, no matter what we do. Eventually lovers, soulmates always.
If we never meet I wont know it when you die, won't know it but feel it. With my soul wrecked I'll grab my chest and question the stars, only to find there are none to answer because without you they no longer exist. I should have known.
Failed plans amass when a lover denies desire. This does not mask the pain of never knowing you or of loosing you, soulmate. Hasn't ever.
In a better world I wouldn't be too shy to tell you, "I love you."
At the release of those very words thunderheads would burst forth a symphony of colored raindrops while angels wrestle back just the right amount of puffy clouds to let golden sunshine fall right where you are and your radiance would engulf me. The rain in all its booming glory would be our favorite love song.
I'm sorry, I'm already dead if Ive lost the chance to tell you how you reek of beauty and confidence on levels others can't grasp. Or how passion writhes within my skin at the slightest of your touches.
And that when I dream of you I can see that one glance from my eyes calms you of the same worries.
Yet in that same dream, you lean in close, a kiss, brilliant on my cheek. And then, "I do love you, feel me before we die."
It's always nice to find you're only half wrong about the universe.
Your voice beyond relieves and I know that what I feel daily is a direct tie to you, to your life.
I 'll know it if you die before we meet.
I'll know it because I'll die too.
© Copyright 2012 J. D. Hennessy (jirish714 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1864616-Universal-Love