*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1872978-THE-Other-THREE-LITTLE-PIGS
by Pibody
Rated: E · Short Story · Animal · #1872978
Three pigs are tired of the angry birds living over them.
The pig pen was a war zone; three little pigs were being hit with twigs, rocks, bird droppings and by birds; angry birds.

The three little pigs, Rolly, Polly and Herman, were always trying to find ways to keep from being hit by whatever those angry birds shot at them, but nothing seemed to work…until…the three little pigs devised a plan.

Rolly found loose boards in the pen. He was able to nudge them until they fell to the ground. Meanwhile, Polly and Herman, dug a hole. It was decided, Rolly would look for some nails. He was lucky to find a nail on the ground by the loose boards. With his cloven hoof, Rolly pounded the nail into the boards forming a Y. He reinforced the Y with some duct tape he found on one of the posts. The Y wasn’t very pretty, but they hoped it would do the job.

The three little pigs needed more. Maybe they would find what they needed in the barn. The three little pigs left the pen through the hole made by the missing boards and walked single file to the barn. In the barn, Herman spied a bungee cord hanging from a hook. Fantastic – an elastic cord and a hook, both in one place!

Rolly walked over to an overturned milk pail and nudged it with his snout until it was just under the bungee cord. He tried climbing onto the pail, but it was too wobbly. He needed help.

Polly and Herman lay down on either side of the overturned pail while Rolly climbed onto the pail. He walked his front feet up the wall until he could push on the hook. After much pushing, it came loose and fell to the ground with the bungee cord.

The three pigs walked back to their pen with the hook and the bungee cord.

Polly pounded the hook into one side of the Y. Herman had found a bent nail and he pounded it into the other side of the Y. Rolly attached the bungee cord.

It was time to put the device into place. Rolly and Polly raised the Y, placing it in their freshly dug a hole. Meanwhile, Herman pushed soil in and around the contraption. It was ready.

Polly placed her back against the bungee cord and held on tight while Rolly grabbed her tail and pulled. When Polly started squealing, Rolly let go. Polly flew up high into the tree, knocking several angry birds off their branch. Feathers were flying everywhere. Polly landed safely in a hay pile. Now it was Herman’s turn.

Soon the angry birds had all been knocked out of the tree, and they decided they had had enough of these squealing, flying pigs. They would fly to another tree and find other animals to tease that, perhaps, weren’t as smart as these three little pigs.
© Copyright 2012 Pibody (aprilckohl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1872978-THE-Other-THREE-LITTLE-PIGS