*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1897435-Pink
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Short Story · LGBTQ+ · #1897435
A set of twins has little in common with each-other.
Whereas Scott loved rough-housing with the other little boys in the neighborhood, twin brother Lance preferred sipping make-believe tea with the girls and dressing their dolls. All the boys, including Scott, teased Lance and nick-named him after his favorite color, Pink. Neither Lance nor his father cared one way or the other about the name, but his mother was not amused. Upon learning she was pregnant with twins, visions filled her head of dressing them alike, and the two playing pranks on teachers and friends. But, Lance was sickly and required more attention; he was picky and meticulous about the clothes he wore, and Scott was a walking pig-pen.

At age fourteen, Lance was a self-taught tailor. For years his mother tried steering him towards what she perceived as more masculine activities. Reluctantly he spent more time with Scott and the other boys playing various sports, but preferred designing women's cloths to basketball.

As a tailor at a men's clothing store, Lance helped put Scott through engineering school after the sudden passing of their father. Eventually the two owners of the store took Lance under their wing, sold the business and partnered with him in opening a lucrative franchise of women's apparel called "Pink".

Several years later the twins' mother laughed to herself as she observed Lance and his wife watch their daughter scatter flowers down the aisle preceding her Uncle Scott and his husband to be, Russell.
© Copyright 2012 Mel Thomas (ooma416982 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1897435-Pink