*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1916304-Trial
Rated: 13+ · Other · Dark · #1916304
A snippet of emotion
"When will this trial end ?” she thought . While she could no longer forecast a future with any sun , she could recollect a past shadowed in darkness. Like still snapshots capture moments in time ,so did her mind collecting memories . Memories so vivid and crisp like a photograph. Each of these mental photos trapping emotions she would much rather forget. Oh, what a sweet mercy it would be to simply be able to forget. Forget being abandoned . Forget being unworthy. Forget being lied to ,used and discarded like yesterdays trash. If only she could forget she would not be drowning in the pain from the past and paralyzed with the fear of yet another wound . For she knew just one more heartache would destroy what little resolve she had left. She resented that she wasted time pondering any of this because she felt as though she had already passed away. All that remained of her now was a strange form of human auto pilot. Disconnected, absent ,defunct .Yet ,those unwelcome and vexing memories would not leave her in peace . Like waking nightmares they would torment and anguish her now crippled soul. Repose is what she desired above all else.
© Copyright 2013 J Walrath-Bresett (judiwalrath at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1916304-Trial