*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1920137-LIFE-AS-A-VAMPIRE
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by veemon
Rated: ASR · Other · Other · #1920137
As the title says, life as a vampire. Something about society I think is worth debating.
LIFE AS A VAMPIRE.


I have found over the years, life as a vampire is difficult. First problem is, the shops are obviously closed at night, meaning I have to be out and about during the day. For me, being out in the sun can be quite painful at times, with eyes and skin being irritated by the sun. Also, it looks weird wearing sunglasses in winter when the sun is out. Then, when people find out I am a vampire, WHAT A NIGHTMARE!! Some people get scared of me and run off. (I don’t bite, usually) Or people think I am crazy. Then I get the idiots wanting me to bite then or turn them. Then I have the weird people. You do not want to know what some of them want me to do with them. Trust me when I say, some of the things these weirdo’s want me to do with them is just disgusting. Then, I find myself dealing with people who do not take me seriously, just because I am a vampire. These people are not able to understand, some of us do not feel human. They also expect you to feel human. Maybe, the society expects you to feel like you are a human. I also have people ask me what makes me a vampire? Why are you a vampire? Who do you think you are, claiming to be a vampire? How dare you claim to be a vampire? My response to those questions is, ask yourself the same questions about you being human.
I have also had people ask me why I am a traitor to my own kind. My reply is:- "Would you have me be a traitor to my own kind by saying I am a human?“ I can tell you now, with that response, these humans are confused. They do not know how to respond, when I tell them I am not being a traitor to my own kind, but I would be a traitor to my own kind if I was to say I am a human, but not a vampire.
On the good side, there are some humans I can have a joke with, about being a vampire. I have once jokingly told this human friend of mine, I am a 400 year old vampire. (He saw I was just joking.) He said “I would have had you down as 369.” With my human friend, I know if we say some really cheeky things to each other, we can tell the other wash their mouth out with garlic.
I really do wish people would be more accepting of the simple fact, some people do not see themselves as humans. Neither are they being a traitor to their own kind by saying they are vampires, cats or any other species that people say they are. Before you start complaining about my attitude towards the humans, before claiming I am crazy, or a traitor to my own kind. Before claiming vampires do not exist, I would like you to consider the following:-
• If vampires do not exist, do humans exist?
• Why do people say we are humans?
• Do I feel like I am human?
• Did someone tell me I am human?
• Does society expect me to be a human?
• Why does society describe the species as human, and not vampire?
• How would you feel if you felt like you are a human, but society says we are vampires?
• Is it so important for all of us to say we are humans?
• Why not live and let live, and allow people to see themselves as whatever species they see themselves as?

I hope people now understand, when I say I am a vampire, I am not a traitor to my own kind. I also hope people start to see me as a vampire, not some crazy guy. I also hope people realize, just because I am a vampire, I am not that different to anyone else.

Please feel free to debate this.
© Copyright 2013 veemon (veemon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1920137-LIFE-AS-A-VAMPIRE