*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1920680-The-Corrupter-1st
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1920680
1st actual story. About a tutor for a prince who corrupts him to a tyrant.
“Liar,” “Cheater”, “ Evilest Person Alive”, I have been called many, many names. Though I shouldn't tell you anything, should I? Oh no, no you don’t well, let me begin by telling you who I am, I am one with darkness, one who hides in the abyss of your soul, and who brings it out, whether you like it or not. I corrupt, and then I control them, most of the time. While I shall not tell you my name, I will give you the fake name of “Hazama” or “otherworldly” . It is I who bring out people’s worse self, and it is I who will make you wish your futile existence had a single meaning! I know one of my most memorable corruptions was also one of my hardest... oh what bliss it was, it makes me smirk to myself whenever I think about how I created one of the most brutal tyrants of all time.

It was a cold, white, winter day when I awaken from my slumber. Since it was cold, and since I lived in the dark, dank basement of the otherwise majestic castle, I needed some warm clothing. I slowly got up, my back hunched over from the bed I laid on. I look around the room, shifting my eyes right and left, recognizing most thing in there. From the two doors, one is the restroom, whilst the other leads out, from the bed and rugs that cover my feet from the cold, hard rock, to the small container of drinks.

I got off my bed and slowly grabbed a drink and walked out to the hallway. The hallway was my own, with only three doors in it. One was the door to the main room, the other was my closet, while finally there was my own personal servant. Ah, sweet Noel, a... cute little thing that was about as shy as a mouse. She was also very clumsy, but I didn't have the heart in it to fire her, I guess I made an exception for her.



In fact, while I am telling you this, Noel is with me right now. She is the only one loyal to me, and... it’s nice to have company when you've become a wanderer, just watching people and animals roam around. But, I am getting ahead of myself.

My eyes slowly looked at the door, and I knocked on it. I heard a thud and then a soft cry. I just shook my head, before Noel popped out of the door. Noel was a.. petite thing of 5’2 at best, she had a small, thin little body and blond hair that goes down to her mid back. She stared at me with her green eyes, looking at me, “Um, y-yes, H-h-h-hazama?’ she squeaked.

“Usually, Noel, you wake me up, did you oversleep? Or did you forget the time?” I said, grinning like a madman, this seems to made the poor Noel scared, her eyes shifting, and she started to get teary-eyed. Ah, well that spoiled my mood. “Ah, never mind Noel, I guess I will go see the prince.”

“U-uh-uhm.. Oh yeah!” Noel exclaimed, putting me off for a moment, it was rare to ever hear her yell, “T-the pr-prince wanted to s-see you.” she said, her stuttering making me smirk, before I walked off, Noel following me closely. Back then, I never knew why Noel stayed with me either, she was a nervous wreck who was afraid of me, but from what I know now, instead of back then, it seemed I was an idiot.

Noel, in fact, had a small crush on me. While I seem incapable of love, she was the only person who stood by me during my exile at the beginning, and, even though I am evil, I couldn’t stand just rejecting her after all she’s been through. Ah, exposition, how I love it.

Anyways, as I continue my stroll through the castle, I found who I was look for,” Ah, Prince Mavrick, how nice it is to see you.” I said, giving off a fake smile at him. Prince Mavrick was everything a princess could dream for. He was sturdily built, had good looks, and was basically your little, perfect boy, until, of course, I changed him, but that’s later. “How are you doing.

“Ah, Lord Hazama,” Mavrick said, eyeing me. Though, then again, it’s not like a man who never shows his face except for his mouth and yellow eyes, who wears whatever the hell he puts on, is anyways suspicious at all! “You shouldn't speak so formally to the crowned prince.” he said, smugly. Oh yeah, Mavrick had the itsy, bitsy weakness of Pride. Though, why should I care, oh yeah, because I’m going to use that to my advantage!

“In due time, Mavrick, I shall call you King, but right now you’re just a Prince, and I am your tutor now come, we need to get going.” I said, smiling. Noel simply looked between us both, Mavrick trying to stare me down, while I had my eyes close, so no staring for me. Noel, however, did not know if she should say anything.

Soon, the three of us walked into the tutor room, or the library, either/or, same thing. Apparently, Mavrick hated my guts, since in all of his books, I would fit the description of the villain a little too well. In fact, that may be why I didn't have any friends back then, I look like a person that was going to betray them. Mind you, they were correct, but a little too late for that. Anyways, the next point after that was around 4 years later.

King Leon was on his deathbed. The old fart had been clinging onto life for way too long, and it was someone job to end his misery. The again, I saw him coughing up blood, maybe it was better for him to be killed by his power-hungry sister. Though, even I didn't see that one coming. She did make the fatal flaw of, however, trying to kill Mavrick. And now she’s executed, who know Mavrick could care about his father, when all he did when I was around was complain about him. I guess it’s true, you don’t know what you got until you lose it. Then again, I don’t care what I lose, so I guess I can’t relate. Anyways, I made my first move. “I am so sorry for your father, but don’t you now have a crowning ceremony to attend to, leave your father until then, mmkay?’



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



I went to his crowning, but then again, I had to, I had no choice in the matter, in fact. Ah, well, it was a long and boring procedure. Why? We also added the king’s funeral to this. And of course, I had to say my words. Fun. Of course, I backhanded him the entire dang thing, but since everyone’s an idiot except me, no one knew! Well, that’s all I can say for tonight. I need my beauty sleep after all.

© Copyright 2013 Socionightmare (darkdon1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1920680-The-Corrupter-1st