*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1925228-Funny-Fear
Rated: · Other · Other · #1925228
The devastating feeling of being pranked by a sibling
I was greeted by the warm smiles and hugs of my family. I had finally gotten the chance to come back home. They both went on and on about how good it was to see me. We were all about to sit down to eat when my little sister said, “There’s a package for you in your room,” with a devilish smile. My mother wore a confused expression but instructed, “Go look while I get the meat out of the oven”.
The steady drip drop of raindrops thudded against the roof as I walked into my dimly lit bedroom I had left behind when I set off for college. I had no clue of the horror before me. He was three feet of pure terror. His sour grimacing expression made my blood boil. The brute’s colorful disguise didn’t fool me. He had a clear intent to put me in a pool of my own blood.
My worst nightmare had come to life. I expected for him to come thrashing towards me at any moment. Thoughts rushed throw my mind at astronomical speeds. Why hadn’t I been more of a loving daughter or a kinder sister? Why hadn’t I come home more often? What were my last words going to be? What are they going to do without me?
I knew what I was going to have to do. I was going to have to fend off the monster myself. I considered turning to flick the light switch on but instantly knew I’d be a goner if I turned my back for even an instant. I braced myself before slinging my arm into my ultimate fear. My sister’s ceramic clown hit the hardwood floor and fell to pieces. “I’ll get her back ten times over,” I muttered.
© Copyright 2013 PixyStix (r_price8 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1925228-Funny-Fear