*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1926219-Relaxing
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Thomas
Rated: · Other · Other · #1926219
The art of relaxation
Relaxing

I am sitting here in front of the tele. one of my favourite places in life! I find I can complain to my hearts content, nobody listens to me as I berate some of the rubbish they televise.
It is beautiful outside; I am looking through the open French windows Josie is sitting outside looking very content in her Briscoe’s arm chair.
There is a slight wind blowing, I can see the shrubs, and tree's bending as the cool breeze wafts down the valley from Wanaka.
Close to me is a small table with my laptop waiting expectantly for me to do some work, just to the left is a wine glass with a Timara Sauvignon Blanc shimmering waiting for me to raise my glass for a sip.
I’ve spent most of the day installing a new gutter system on the backside of the cottage, it was well overdue? When it rained, if the windows were open the water was inclined to pour through into the bedroom, Josie didn't like it!!!
There are a few flies about, probably because the weather is warm and muggy, to stop them bathing in my wine I have a CD disc placed over the top of the wine glass, I thought this very clever and might market the idea!? The flies do not like it.
Looking out through the door is the barbecue table, then the gate, out beyond that is some very rough river flats with rose hip bushes, lupins, broom, gorse and willow trees predominating the dry arid ground.
Further on are some low lying hills very flat on the tops with some trees scattered along the ridges, I’m not sure what these trees are but suspect they are blue gums, I must go and have a look sometime.
At the bottom of the hills are a row of pine trees.
I never get tired of this view as it changes as the light varies over the day.











© Copyright 2013 Thomas (teapot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1926219-Relaxing