*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1930692-The-Gift
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Relationship · #1930692
About a couple where the woman wants to marry with an ironic ending.
The Gift

“We’ve been dating for six years and I think I’m ready,” Jen said, looking into the mirror. These were the words she wanted to say so desperately to him, but didn’t know how he would react. He hadn’t proposed yet, but she knew it was coming. He loved her to pieces, and as soon as she got the money, she was sure he’d buy her a ring. Chase had left her a note on the counter saying to be ready at 7:00, and that he had a surprise. He popped in the bathroom, breaking her from her thoughts. “You ready?” He asked. They were going out to eat for their anniversary. Jen tried not to dress up too fancy, she didn’t want people to suspect anything. She wanted to live in a house with Chase more than anything, but she knew her parents wouldn’t let them move out and live together.
As soon as they arrived at the restaurant, they took their seats at a reserved table, where a young woman about their age sat. There was a small gift beside her on the table, and it looked as if it was a ring box. The woman stood up and tucked her long, curly brown hair behind her ear. She wore a long pencil skirt fitted to her body, along with her red blouse that made her pregnant stomach bulge out. Chase stood beside her, wrapping his arms around her. “Hi Jen, I’m your new sister in law Veronica. I’ve heard a ton about you from your brother!”
© Copyright 2013 HaleySabb (haleysabb at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1930692-The-Gift