*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1944843-Location-Through-Invocation
Rated: E · Article · Inspirational · #1944843
In Him We Live And Move And Have Our Being!That's the best location ever!
The most prestigious piece of real estate depends first on one thing...location.Not just in it's geographical location, but in it's spacial relation to other coveted locations as well.As beings with human eyes; We look outward for everything, from daily needs to pleasure. Which may be why spirituality and Christ seem so out of reach to some people. We focus on what is outside us, not what comes from within. But when we invite Christ to be our Lord he takes residence in our heart and mind. Then a wonderful and funny thing happens; He begins to assemble our life and it's surroundings to our benefit. I do not mean that he places us in a castle with a Jaguar in the garage; though he sometimes does; Rather He places a hedge of protection and blesses the parameters and centrality of our very existence.

As far as moving and knowing the importance of location; I am a seasoned expert. I have moved far too many times than I wish to remember. But all were a teaching experience. I learned that I cannot live too close to a busy intersection as that will often cause interruptions to my peace and focus. I need my quiet time and my personal space where I can get alone with God daily.But I cannot live so far in the woods that I am isolated from grocery stores, doctors, and neighbors.Having lived in a mobile home community tucked in a hillside next to a woodsy highway, I learned that sidewalks are good things to have.So are bus stops, of which there were none nearby. How can I tell others about Jesus Christ if I never get to see others?

I cannot live with troublesome neighbors sharing the same duplex roof and yard space. I have been awakened by loud music and arguments and spent the following day bleary-eyed and tired. I also want the freedom to listen to my music and dance in my kitchen if I feel like it at 3 am.Having neighbors too close precludes me doing that sort of thing. Ah neighbors!, they are a location in themselves. Good neighbors are hard to find and good fences make good neighbors. Christian brothers are our neighbors no matter how near or far we are from each other. We are bound together in Christ as one church body. A fact that seems hard to swallow when we cannot get along with each other. We want to separate ourselves into isolationism but we cannot be a functioning body if we do that. We are temples of the Holy Spirit, and inhabit the Breath of God in us. As spirit houses we need to be close together. In heart and in body. We need to connect frequently and meet frequently. Not just on the internet, but in real life where we give real hugs, not virtual ones.

Churches were always in the center of town, the heartbeat of the community. Christ should be in our center, always near and available to us and us to Him. Hymns sing of the importance of closeness to Christ and God the Father. "At The Cross", "Draw Me Nearer", "Close To Thee"...Location, Location, Location?: Live near and in Jesus Christ..All good things will become near as well.Below are the many verses speaking to us on the importance of being near God the Father and His son Jesus....

Deuteronomy 4:7
What other nation is so great as to have their gods near them the way the LORD our God is near us whenever we pray to him?

Deuteronomy 5:27
Go near and listen to all that the LORD our God says. Then tell us whatever the LORD our God tells you. We will listen and obey."

Deuteronomy 31:8
The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

1 Kings 8:57
May the LORD our God be with us as he was with our fathers; may he never leave us nor forsake us.

Psalm 73:27-28
Those who are far from you will perish; you destroy all who are unfaithful to you. But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds.

Psalm 75:1
We give thanks to you, O God, we give thanks, for your Name is near; men tell of your wonderful deeds.

Psalm 145:18
The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.

Ecclesiastes 5:1
Guard your steps when you go to the house of God. Go near to listen rather than to offer the sacrifice of fools, who do not know that they do wrong.

Isaiah 55:6
Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near.

Jeremiah 23:23-24
"Am I only a God nearby," declares the LORD, "and not a God far away? Can anyone hide in secret places so that I cannot see him?" declares the LORD. "Do not I fill heaven and earth?" declares the LORD.

Zephaniah 3:1-3
Woe to the city of oppressors, rebellious and defiled! She obeys no one, she accepts no correction. She does not trust in the LORD, she does not draw near to her God.

Mark 1:15
"The time has come," he said. "The kingdom of God is near. Repent and believe the good news!"

John 6:56-57
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him. Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.

John 15:4
Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

John 15:5-7
"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.

Philippians 4:5
Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.

Hebrews 7:18-19
The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless (for the law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God.

Hebrews 10:22-23
let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Hebrews 13:5
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

James 4:8
Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.Deuteronomy 4:7
What other nation is so great as to have their gods near them the way the LORD our God is near us whenever we pray to him?





© Copyright 2013 InkWellspring66 (songofsolomon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1944843-Location-Through-Invocation