*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1950842-no-title-yet
Rated: XGC · Fiction · Fantasy · #1950842
Sita is 15. she has nightmares of war ... are they real? ... could her world be in danger?
Prologue
I’m flying over a field. It is covered in the red blood of our people. Many soldiers are dead, the rest dying or fighting a new species. The sky is shrouded in dark grey smoke from plane engines.
A horrific sight, poor, innocent men fight for their country, not knowing if they'll win or lose/ a loud explosion causes me to shake violently, like a plane being hit by a missile. I fall. I fall fast. Not stopping, just falling.

A dark, never ending pit. My memories fade. Who am I? Where am I? What am I? The three questions circle my mind. Who am I? Where am I? What am I?

Who am I? Where am I? What am I?  I close my eyes and try to remember.

Chapter 1

… I sit up quickly, a bead of sweat rolls down my face; I wipe it away before it falls into my pale peach duvet. I get out of bed. I am wearing a white silk nighty. I cover my mouth with the back of my hand as I yawn.
I stretch my arms as I walk into the bathroom. I turn the chunky tap and sit on the edge, hypnotized by the water. When my bath is ready I slip of my nighty and get in the tub.

The water is warm and relaxing. I had another nightmare. I don’t remember much, just the colours red and black; I remember hearing pain filled screams of men. I try to take my mind of it my letting the warm water cover my face and head. When I sit up and the water runs of my face I open my eyes.

A man with shabby brown hair and green eyes is staring at me. I scream and scramble out of the tub; I wrap a towel around my naked wet body I look at the man. I immediately realize he is a guard.

"sir, what are you doing here?" I ask "you're going to be the gardener today" he replies "I am due a day off sir, I have worked almost everyday this week it is Sunday, my day off" I reply. It is not fair. I'm 15 and should only work 3 days, 4 at the most, “tuff, your working today” “no I'm not!” I say sternly. He grabs my wrist tightly

I wince, he pulls me out of my room to the main castle and down the halls.. he is taking me to the kin and queens chamber… I just focus on reality when I bump into someone.. Oh no!... it’s the prince. His tunic is wet from my hair and parts of my body that are not covered up.
© Copyright 2013 Lu_Lu_Angel (lu_lu_angel101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1950842-no-title-yet