*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1960505-The-Mystery-Files-the-search
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Detective · #1960505
A new detective gets his first case. what dangers await him? read and find out!


THE MYSTERY FILES

THE SEARCH

BY: WORLDWRITER2




At a secret research base a scientist is doing testing on his project that he was hired to complete. Dr. Bruce Powers is reviewing the current data on the project from his computer at his desk. Powers is average height with glasses, and black hair. His cell phone ring's and he picks it up and answers it "Hello." the person on the other end replies "Greeting's Dr. how goes the project?" Powers replies "I'm reviewing the data now... while there is some good news to report I'm afraid there is bad news as well." "Let's start with the good news then shall we Dr." the other individual responds. "The good news is we are somewhat close to doing a field test of the project." "how soon?" asked the other caller. "Hard to say for sure maybe eight months out if the currents problems don't get worse than what I'm seeing now we should be ok I think." "Eight months is three months to long Dr. we are suppose to show the subject off to our clients in five months from now!" " I know I'm working as best I can, but these thing's take time to fix and test them." "very well then Dr. what's the bad news?" "without proper funding I'd can't promise that I can finish the job." "What irony Dr. your review for continued funding is up anyway send me a copy of what you have now so I show the raw data to our client at least, if they wish to continue working with you the money shouldn't be a problem. I'll call you when I know something." "I'm sending the data to you now." "I have it. good day Dr. I'll be in touch soon!"

Two days later as Powers returns to work and begins to fix the problems his cell ring's again "Hello." "Ah Dr. I'm glad you answered I've spoken to our clients and they weren't pleased with the results you sent in." "and..." Powers responds. " Your fired Dr. they've found someone who can finish it on time." Powers looks at his computer and see the data files being deleted in front of him. He tosses the phone away and try to keep the data from erasing when he hears behind him something go off and smoke pours around him and knocks him to the floor. out of nowhere men in black military style appear from the smoke and handcuff him. one approaches him to say "Your coming with us doc there's someone who wants to see you." before he can respond someone hit's him in the head from behind and knock him out. "Let's go!" the leader orders.
© Copyright 2013 thestoryteller (worldwriter2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1960505-The-Mystery-Files-the-search