*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1978089-White-Feathers
by Bard
Rated: 13+ · Other · Fantasy · #1978089
A brief description of a battle for a soul........
          The battle was over, it had not been epic as you would expect, but far more like a ally cat falling upon a sparrow with a broken wing. She had fled for years from the beast, hiding when she could, fighting when she must, but mostly fleeing, non stop endless running from a tireless monster. why run? you might ask. do not angels fly? from the first confrontation years before she had been left with her wings broken, more a burden than any thing, she knew that some day this would come and she would not be able to fly away and escape. She had accepted this, stoically as angels do, for she had been chosen for this fight, for she was strongest amongst her kind. She was no normal angel, she was more than an arc angel, she was a GARDIAN angel a warrior among angels.
but over the years, the demons she was created to battle had grown in numbers, size and strength, till she realized that she was doing little more than keeping them at bay. Not long after this happened, her greatest fear was born to life. A new demon, not just another demon, but a new and more powerful being all together, this was a demon of incredible proportions ,and one that heralded the beginning of her end. the battle for the soul she had protected for so long was coming to a close, and she would be destroyed, and the soul would be lost............forever. so she did what angels do, she fought! she blazed in all her glory! but in the end she faltered, rallied , faltered again, panicked and fled! and as she fled, the beast continued to grow, devouring every other demon that plagued the soul, and feeding on the pain it caused the tortured soul, leaving darkness every where it touched. until one day there was no where left in the heart of the soul that was not touched by the darkness and she had nowhere left to hide,the beast found her there, huddled cowering with her broken wings wrapped about her. the beast fell upon her and took his way with her, as if she were the spoils of war,and to her disgust and oddly her delight as well she found she enjoyed being beaten and conquered and consumed to be come part of the greater darkness, the beast devoured her at is leaser until all that was left of her ripped and torn body was the white feathers of her wings littering the battle field and drifting down like snow clinging briefly to existence before absorbing blood from the puddles on witch they land and then sinking away to vanish and as the last bit of her essence was evaporating her thoughts floated clear of her mind and she said "they eat us? when the inner demons win, they eat us? how oddly fitting................."
© Copyright 2014 Bard (jaxhammer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1978089-White-Feathers