*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1997460-Small-Talk
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Monologue · LGBTQ+ · #1997460
Two people having a coversation about love.
Sippy Ice Tea on the bar's pattio with his friend Pat, Kelly had grown frustrated with Pat's constant whinning about his ongoing search for "Mr. Right".

"You're always talking about how hard it is to find someone, but you date more guys in a month than I do in a year. What about Peter?" Kelly asked.

"What about Peter?" Pat responded arching his eyebrows.

"You said he's the most honest and loving guy you've ever met."

"Oh please", Pat laughed, "The man's more of a lady than I am. Too fem".

"What happen to David? You said he was a lot of fun, had a great job, and as I recalled he really liked you".

"Are you blind Kelly? He's black".

"And that's a problem?"

"Well" Pat hesitated, "Yes! It is for me".

"OK! What about Tom? He's cute, got a great body and..."

"You can't be serious" Pat interupted. The man's HIV positive".

"But you said you enjoyed talking with him and how he makes you feel so special".

"Hello! Can you hear me? The man has the virus".

"OK! What about me? I've got a job, We've been friends since high school. You're always saying what a great body I have and how I'd make someone a great partner. Whenever you needed me I've always been there. More than you've been for me. So, what about me"?

Pat thought for a while before smiling, "But we're friends".

"No", Kelly said as he stood sipping the last of his Ice Tea, "Not really".
© Copyright 2014 Mel Thomas (ooma416982 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1997460-Small-Talk